Question about paying back "No payments, No interest for 6 months"

squiglybob13
Contributor
Contributor

So let's say hypothetically I buy something for $100 and choose no payments for 6 months. Then I make a couple more purchases bringing my credit balance to $190. When that 6th month rolls around do I just have to pay the $100 or the entire balance of $190?

I'm in a similar situation but I'm not seeing anyway to make payments specfically to the "6 months" balance. Do I just wait for the final months and it will be on my invoice?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes, regular non-promotional purchases are listed separately.  To avoid interest in those, you need to pay them off by the first due date.

Caution.  When you mix promotional and non-promotional, watch your payments carefully.  PayPal will credit your regular purchases first BEFORE any payments to your promotional purchases.  If you have promotional purchases expiring you must pay off all of you non-promotional debt first--that mans by trhe end of a 6-month promotion.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If each purchase is on a 6-month promotional no-interest, then each purchase has it's own 6-month period to pay of the entire amount with no nterested.

Your monthly detailed PDF statement will show you the details and dated for each purchase.

Login to Me Too

squiglybob13
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so regular creit purchases are paid off separately from the 6 month no payment plans. That's kinda what I was thinking.

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes, regular non-promotional purchases are listed separately.  To avoid interest in those, you need to pay them off by the first due date.

Caution.  When you mix promotional and non-promotional, watch your payments carefully.  PayPal will credit your regular purchases first BEFORE any payments to your promotional purchases.  If you have promotional purchases expiring you must pay off all of you non-promotional debt first--that mans by trhe end of a 6-month promotion.

Login to Me Too

squiglybob13
Contributor
Contributor

Oohh ok that's what I was thinking. So there's no way to pay off the promotional debt before your regular purchases

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Correct.  That's what I learned a few days ago from another post.  If you don't pay off regular credit by first billing date, it's probably better to keep PayPal Credit only for pormotional purchase and a regular credit card when you want to make monthly payments.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.