Question about easy payments

Kumo163
Contributor
Contributor

*If this is wrong spot, feel free to move!*

Hello everyone, I have some questions!

My boyfriend and I are thinking about getting the new Pixel phone from Google and financing it through Paypal. With that in mind, I had some questions!

1. How is interest determined?

2. We looked at the version of the phone we wanted, and if we split it up over 36 months, the monthly payment comes to around 24.00, so would this mean the minimum would be $25, according to Paypal credit if we did the easy payment?

3. Is 36 months still offered? The official page for Paypal credit says "up to 36 months" but looking at the terms and conditions page, it only goes up to 18 months....so which is it? The different between 18 and 36 months is huge (since this is nearly a $900 phone), so we are trying to see who can offer the best deal.

Google offers financing for 24 months, where it would cost about $36 for 24 months. If we do Paypal with 36 months (if this is still offered), it would come to about $24; 18 months would come to about $48. This is why we are trying to get clarification, since these are huge differences in the amount of money you pay per month (we accept interest with easy payments, which is why we are trying to see what's the absolute maximum allowed time to pay on something).

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal Credit has multiple types of payments, with and without interest.

When the time comes for payment you need to look at the options that are presented and the details for each one.

Not all options will be available for all puchases; PayPal Credit may not even be available for your purchase.  Until you know exactly which payment types are actually offered for your purchase comparing options to another service is useless.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.