Put the wrong Account number

floreza
New Community Member

I put the wrong account number. Instead of account number I put the card number and I did not recognize it until it is almost releasing day of my money. Is there any other alternatives here in Paypal to correct the account number, because I already file a withdrawal in Paypal and the link that I submit are the wrong account number. I badly needed the money to encash it because I almost waited 1 month just to link it with the ebanking. Im a little upset of how to deal with this. Please help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Contact PayPal customer service to see if you can change it through them manually.  

If they can't, the bank may notify you to update the info so might as well go in and update your account number now. The worst is payment may bounce back to your PayPal account.  You are responsible for making sure the correct info is entered and is up-to-date.

The thing I don't understand is that PayPal verifies the information before you can do anything like transfer funds. PayPal, you would or should have caught this mistake when you added the account to PayPal because PayPal reject the account number if it is wrong or can't verify the account.

Weird.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.