Promotional Credit

3RvrsCrshCrw
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using PayPal Credit for years now. I mainly take advantage of the promotional $100 dollar purchase option, no payments, not interest for 6 months. I have never gone over the promotional limitations. I'm pretty good at that. Now with all that said. I've notice that when I'm in that promotional period, that PayPal still ask me for a minimum payment within the 6 months that the promotion goes on. I pay something every month anyways, but was wandering if I decided not to pay that minimum payment in 1 particular month, would I be charged a late fee? Mind you, the only thing I have on PayPal credit is the promotional nopay/no interest. Thank you for your help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What are the details on your full PRINTED PayPal Credit statement?

Has any interest acrued on your account showing as part of your balance?

What is the expiration date of your promotional purchace first to expire?

How many other promotional purchases are listed on your PRIINTED PDF statement?

Login to Me Too

Judith123
Contributor
Contributor

The info at https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/bmlterms  (Terms & Conditions) says, in Section 9 ("Minumum Payments Due"), "No Payments + No Interest If Paid In Full Purchases:  There is no payment due for a No Payments + No Interest if paid in full Purchase prior to its Expiration Date."

But, it also says, in Section 6 ("Your Promises to Us"), "You promise to pay at least the Minimum Payment Due on or before the Payment Due Date each Billing Cycle and in accordance with the reasonable requirements set forth on each billing statement". 

I'd lean towards Section 9 being true in your situation -- but, you, yourself, should read through the Terms & Conditions and be OK with that analysis, and/or call PPC to be extra sure.

(The Terms & Condtions (link above) lay out everything in pretty-understandable language.  I just have a tendency to believe "if anything can go wrong, it will."  (LOL)  So, if you don't want to make a Payment, be sure it's "right".  If you call PPC, get the name of the person you speak to, for your records.  [Late Fee is $25 for a first time.])

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.