Prepaid card as only transfer option

beaniekay
New Community Member

I dont use my PP account often as I run a nonprofit that receives sporadic donations.  Last week, when I attempted to transfer money from the PP account to my bank  the only option that I was given is to transfer to a PP prepaid debit card.  I did not ask for this prepaid card, do not want it and am unsure how this happened without PP notifying me or requesting permission to make this change.   i want to transfer to directly to my bank only.  

I tried to call customer service but automation told me that I  needed a six digit pass code- dont know where to get that either.  Any advice?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page for the phone call options.  Select the option with one-time passcode.  A 6-digit number will appear along with the toll-free number to call.  When you call, the sytem will recognize yor phone number and ask for the 6-digit code.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You are the second one today who is asked to use your prepaid card.

If they are referring to the Paypal prerpaid Debit card,which cost $4.95 a month to maintain,some of dont even have that account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.