Prepaid Paypal Debit Mastercard, Transfer money from paypal to card????? Won't let me?

vbright2010
New Community Member

Hi, I went out and bought the prepaid paypal debit MasterCard today thinking I would be able to get home and activate it to transfer money from my paypal account to the card in real time like the site states. Also the back of the card package says "Transfer money from your Paypal account by visiting paypal.com/prepaid." I did that and the card is activated and the card is on my paypal account under credit cards. But when I go to transfer money only my bank account shows up not the card. Why can I not use it??  Also I can not be approved for the MasterCard paypal card, was denied by the way. That is why I am going with the prepaid debit paypal card. Also the card is confirmed under the my cards page.

Any help would be helpful. Also, I read somewhere about adding the Bancorp routing number and your account number to get direct deposit but when I try to find my account information on the page it does not show the area in gray with the acct number like the help page said. Do I have to do that to be able to transfer money from paypal to card?

Really confused. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

Login to Me Too
148 REPLIES 148

kandicortez72
Contributor
Contributor
I didn't it still won't let me after 2 months I just use my PayPal for Dollar General or AutoZone that's the only places that allow you to do it electronically
Login to Me Too

Mandehhhx3
Please let me know i am having thisproblem!!
Login to Me Too

kgoodall3

Hello, How did you fix your problem? I'm still having a terrible time transfering my money to my prepaid account.

Login to Me Too

x3dannix10
New Community Member

how did it work? my money wont transfer and customer service is literally no help. 

Login to Me Too

RyanB05
New Community Member

claudettemcgee9
Contributor
Contributor

Topekajwells
Contributor
Contributor
Want let me transfer money to master card
Login to Me Too

Jjohnson32678
Contributor
Contributor
U need to contact paypal and tell them you know about the glitch they have going on with the pre paid master card and how they are going to fix it and get you your money. Took me over a month to finaly talk to a supervisor and get the truth about the problem. Noone wanted to take the time to help me get my money and try finding out what the issue was
Login to Me Too

Sivar
Contributor
Contributor
To instant transfer from PayPal to the PayPal prepaid mastercard, you have to sign into (search Google for site) the paypal prepaid mastercard site ..not the regular paypal site. You sign in with the same information as you do paypal. The menu will be on the left of your screen pull it down and hit transfer from paypal...Do not used any other transfer,Ike the bank one. Just use the paypal one.
Login to Me Too

dsw1
Contributor
Contributor

I did finally get the money transfered at the debit card site and $4.95 was deducted as a fee.   Will never do that again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.