Prepaid Paypal Debit Mastercard, Transfer money from paypal to card????? Won't let me?

vbright2010
New Community Member

Hi, I went out and bought the prepaid paypal debit MasterCard today thinking I would be able to get home and activate it to transfer money from my paypal account to the card in real time like the site states. Also the back of the card package says "Transfer money from your Paypal account by visiting paypal.com/prepaid." I did that and the card is activated and the card is on my paypal account under credit cards. But when I go to transfer money only my bank account shows up not the card. Why can I not use it??  Also I can not be approved for the MasterCard paypal card, was denied by the way. That is why I am going with the prepaid debit paypal card. Also the card is confirmed under the my cards page.

Any help would be helpful. Also, I read somewhere about adding the Bancorp routing number and your account number to get direct deposit but when I try to find my account information on the page it does not show the area in gray with the acct number like the help page said. Do I have to do that to be able to transfer money from paypal to card?

Really confused. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

Login to Me Too
148 REPLIES 148

DessyStarduster
Contributor
Contributor
I feel your pain, i just recently got a bank account said **bleep** it I transfer the pp acct ($150) to my bank it may take awhile to deposit but its worth the shot because this prepaid debt card by themis **bleep** I rather just not make the hassle use the bank (im with wells fargo) im glad i got my bank linked to my paypal account and now i dont have to worry bout using them unless someone sends cash thru paypal! But im never using their prepaid cards again!
Login to Me Too

Tellmeaboutit
Contributor
Contributor
You have to wait until the one with your name on it comes in the mail
Login to Me Too

Luv562
I can't transfer my paypal money into my PayPal prepared card I have done everything but still can't do it
Login to Me Too

Billbeckiii
New Community Member
Im not able to tranfer money either. The prepaid MasterCard shows up in my paypal wallet as a funding source. But when i logon to the paypal prepaid site, the only option shown under move money is reload location. Called paypal, who referred me to paypal prepaid, who said i have to wait until my personalized permanent card arrives. Im not sure i believe her, because she didn't sound lile she believed herself. If it is true, however it means that PayPal absolutely intentionally misleads its customers. There is nothing indicating you cant trasfer PayPal balance to prepaid cars until permanent card arrives on the card packaging, on the website, anywhere. Its borderline bait and switch. I'm extremely disappointment in paypal.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Billbeckiii wrote:
Im not able to tranfer money either. The prepaid MasterCard shows up in my paypal wallet as a funding source. But when i logon to the paypal prepaid site, the only option shown under move money is reload location. Called paypal, who referred me to paypal prepaid, who said i have to wait until my personalized permanent card arrives. Im not sure i believe her, because she didn't sound lile she believed herself. If it is true, however it means that PayPal absolutely intentionally misleads its customers. There is nothing indicating you cant trasfer PayPal balance to prepaid cars until permanent card arrives on the card packaging, on the website, anywhere. Its borderline bait and switch. I'm extremely disappointment in paypal.

paypal rep is right,you have to get your permanent card 

Login to Me Too

Luv562
I'm have the same problem. 😩😩😩 so how did u get it out
Login to Me Too

domholiday
Contributor
Contributor

Tcorey
I've had the same problem. I started out with a Reloadit card for my PayPal Debit card... It wouldn't work with one that's not the disposable prepaid card. I bought a PayPal Reloadable Prepaid card everything was activated, I was able to spend the amount I had put on the card but it won't let me reload the card. It's very frustrating, because I'm trying to pay for a purchase on ebay.
Login to Me Too

Vfimbres
New Community Member

Ronnie4
Contributor
Contributor

Transfer funds from paypal account to prepaid card

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.