Postage Refund after label wouldn't print.

advema
New Community Member

Hi, After a long day of printing many labels and paying postage for those labels to addresses in the United States with no problems, I tried to print one to an address in Canada. That label wouldn't print so I took the item to the Post Office and paid the postgage again. How do I get ebay/PayPal to refund the original postage charge since it never printed out and was never used?

Thank You.....

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kataboom
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same question & in addition would like to add that to trudge through info on paypal for something as simple as finding out how to receive a refund on unused postage is outrageous!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

ebay has a seller forum,you can get an answer easily,

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Go back to the shipping tools, find the label, and then void it.  It will take a few weeks to refund.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Nick

Hello advema,

If you create a shipping label on the PayPal website through the United States Postal Service and wish to void this label you have 48 hours to do so.

Here’s how to void a USPS label:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click on the payment you made for your label.
  3. Click Void Label near the bottom of the Transaction Details page.
  4. Click Void Shipment.
  5. Select the appropriate reason for voiding the label

Please note that you can only void a label within 48 hours of the creation time. If more than 48 hours has passed you will need to reach out to PayPal customer service to have a manual void request put in on your behalf. The refund will not be instant. It takes 15 to 21 days for the Post Office to process the refund back to your PayPal account. If you created the label in eBay's system you will need to reach out to eBay customer service to void the label.

I hope this helps!

~Nick
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.