Paypal prepaid instant transfer limit?

Reiward
New Community Member
I'm trying to transfer funds from my paypal to my paypal card but I believe that Ive reached the 2000$ limit already. My last transfer was january 31st. When will the limit reset? It says it is 30 day rolling limit. What doe that mean?
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

xojuicy
Contributor
Contributor
I'm going thru the same thing right now. This post was a year ago so I was wondering if you found out what exactly the 30 day rolling limit means?? Every time I've called paypal prepaid and asked about it they never actually explained it to me. Please help!!
Login to Me Too

BuddiesAnswers
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal's Prepaid rolling 30-day period is used to calculate funds available for you to transfer. The transfer limit they have provide is $2000 for the 30 day period. All transfers made within the last 30 days are subtracted from the "30-day Period Transfer Limit". So, what this means is the 30 days is irrespective of the month. I will provide an example to provide clarity. On Sept 15 I transfer $300 to my prepaid card from PayPal acct. I do this same action for 6 days and it is now Sept 20 and I have transferred $1,800. On Sept 21 I transfer $200 and I have now hit the limit of $2000. What will occur now is I'll need to wait until Oct 15 before I can transfer up to $300 to my prepaid card without hitting the limit again of $2000. Remembering always that the $2000 limit follows you so each day moving forward and in the case it's now Oct 16 I need to be able to look back over the previous 30 days prior to know exactly what the total dollar amount is of my transfers before I can submit another transfer request. I agree this is tricky to constantly keep up with and honestly a pain in the neck. I will also note that MasterCard no longer allows PrePaid members to use option 2 listed on website (PayPal Basic Transfer) which would remove the pain that option 1 only provides you. I heard they monitor this community and it would be outstanding to have someone from PayPal or Paypal Prepaid (yes, two completely separate entities) comment of this subject. I hope the answer helps the question you asked.
Login to Me Too

Chiaralatai
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your response.. Apparently the customer service at PayPal doesn't even know this. They told me the 30 day period starts from the date I made my first transfer ever. Smh
Login to Me Too

Lovemy3kidsxo
Contributor
Contributor
Yes going through this now and it really would have saved me some serious trouble had they explained it was a rolling meaning pretty much it follows you I was so thinking and being told by PayPal that a new month would start THE 26th when that is so totally not the cash at this point I am able to transfer maybe $9.00 to $24.00 if that a day AHHH this may have me quit SMH
Login to Me Too

Amystrevels
Contributor
Contributor
I have had this same problem and it's a serious issue! My husband works out of state and he sends me money home each week to take care of our three daughters, this transfer limit has put me in a serious bind several times! I called customer service to report this problem and have been given different dates by reps on last couple months when this has happened, and ask for a supervisor and never do I get one and I'm o hold for over an hour! Phone calls do no good and customers mean nothing to thus company I am going to report this to the Bether Business Bureau and maybe something will be done, serious issue when I can't get my funds and our family depends on every penny! My husband works hard for it and it's our cash and should be available anytime! !!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @Amystrevels

I'm sorry to hear of the frustration the PayPal Prepaid MasterCard transfer limit has caused. 

We can certainly understand the limit has caused a lot of frustration. The limit is in place to comply with Federal regulations. This limit cannot be removed or bypassed. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Phaze1
Is there a possibility like at a bank that after my online transfer limit was met, is there a way I could go somewhere physical (like a storefront of some sort) and transfer money this way or withdraw cash? There has to be someway.
Login to Me Too

SOLfusion7
Contributor
Contributor
Tell you the honest truth.. this card is wireless for ppls or teenagers from parents to allow small restrictions to those who spends a lot every week by my remind you as well as parents can have a way for their young children's to spend own cash having a chance to see what responsibility is/will be like as grown in age into adult hood High school more say. But it's not for me Any more nor a way to receive your paycheck from your boss every week who doesn't have direct deposit. So that's why I opened an Ally Bank account online. At least I can use their cards through google pay on my phone. NOT PREPAID PAY MASTERCARD you can't. They do have a Paypal cash debt card that I'm waiting on in the mail. Try and get that for your husband. Will be So much easier and has direct deposit and not a limit of ( 300 ) can transfer. Let me know how it goes.
Login to Me Too

Tyasia
Contributor
Contributor
I need monet
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.