Paypal prepaid MasterCard **bleep**!

Keasler3092
I had got sent the Paypal prepaid MasterCard because I wanted to transfer money from my account to the card. I was able to do it a few times but now it won't transfer anything anymore! I have called numerous of times probably 20 or more and all they do is tell me the exact same thing every time or hang up on me, without solving the problem whatsoever! And none of them seem to speak a lick of English. I have not gone over the $2,000 limit for each month. This is the most **bleep** card I have ever dealt with and probably the most difficult customer service also! I do not recommend anyone using this card to transfer money to it because it is the most pain in the **bleep** **bleep** I've ever dealt with! Anyone else know how I can get my money off my PayPal account without waiting a week for it to transfer into my bank account?
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Consider getting the PayPal Business Debit MasterCard.  You use the card and it deducts right from your available PayPal Balance and use your back up funding source if you have zero balance.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/debit-card

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you know you get charged $4.95 monthly fee to use that PP pre-paid card?  The PayPal Business Debit MasterCard gives you 1% cash back and no monthly fee.

Login to Me Too

Whosear
New Community Member

I am in the same boat. Tried two months ago to get it corrected. I played back and forth with PayPal. No resolution. Now trying to get it resolved. I am deciding that canceling it will be the best choice.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The PP prepaid card acts weird any way and no point in it when there is PP biz debit card available.  Cool thing was, I didn't have to sign up for the biz debit card some reason, PayPal sent me mines outta nowhere like advertising.  And at one point, I had thought that I wish I can just use this money outside of PayPal without having to withdraw money everytime to my bank and use my bank debit card. Boom, the card arrived in the mail one day.  I can choose to activate it or destroy the card.  I activated it. Pretty neat.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Keasler3092

you can apply for a business debit card as suggested,use it as a credit card and get 1% cash rebate

you can ask Paypal to send you a check,it must be cashed in a bank,not currency exchange

transferring to your bank takes 3-4 days and then your bank could take another day to credit your account.

They all take a week or so.  

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if you have transferred a few times with no problem,then you have problem.

Could it be that the Paypal fund you want to transfer has a hold on it.

see when someone pays you via paypal and you see the  balance in your account,the fund is actually not yet collected from the buyer.if PAypal allows you to spend that money,it is actually advancing the money to you.

If you do this often,or it is a large amount you want to transfer or the sending source takes more time to collect(say an overseas credit card or an obscure card issued by a small outfit or a foreign bank),then it takes longer for Paypal to collect the fund or not collect at all.

take a look at what you sell and who is buying from you can give you a clue,we do not know how the buyer pays us,but looking at their feedback,how long have they signed up with the venue,what country/region are they from and what are they buying. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Paypal has us all spoiled,the instant item is sold,money landed in our account!

When I have a merchant account to accept credit card payments,I see the proceeds 24-48 hours later for domestic credit cards and longer for foreign credit cards.

The bank which serves my merchant account can access my bank account,what it gives,it can also take away if there is a charegback,plus the chargeback fee is more than $20.

if you are not happy with Paypal,apply for a merchant account and see what the fees are like .    

Login to Me Too

rfranz

I feel your pain.

I was annoyed with the crappy customer service that I get with my Bluebird card, so I decided to try Paypal instead.

Never had issues with them as an ebay buyer, thoguh I heard some horror stories about ebay and it's morals police confiscating funds.

That made me leery, but the association with netspend convinced me to give them a shot.

So far, it's fail after fail.

Bulk of my paycheck goes to wife's bank account to run the house, my pocket money goes to a Bluebird card.

The instructions for transferring funds are unneccesarily convoluted, I suspect to ensure funds stay as long as possible in a state where paypal has exclusive use and and can monetize them, without ever having to account for the delays or what they do with it while it's under their control.

Multiply my few hundred times a million subscribers and it becomes a substantial source of free money for paypal.

Given the current state of real e-banking, there is no other explanation for it to take days for paypal to release my money which I know for a fact they have, into my account.

I put in a change to redirect my pocket money from Bluebird to Paypal, but I'm cancelling that first thing in the morning.

I can get the same level of non service coupled with undue enrichment with Bluebird.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.