Paypal, pay after delivery changed from 14 to 10 days?

sarahurtado84
Contributor
Contributor

I noticed my paypal pay after delivery has changed from 14 days to 10 days just yesterday? Did paypal change it? All my purchases for the last few years have been 14 days, now the past 2 days there all 10 days now?

Login to Me Too
119 REPLIES 119

Fred1573
New Community Member

I too received no notice and it almost overdrew my account. There is no logic to it. And with most sellers posting on end of the week, people are now having to wait to make a purchase. Which inturn, will hurt sellers with auctions because people bidding will now have to calculate when the auction ends, and if it coincides with the 10 days. And also sellers who do their selling on weekends. Hopefully it will return to 2 weeks once paypal sees their revenue drop.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

sellers do not know which of their buyers are using PAD.

iT IS between you and Paypal,IF 10 DAYS does not work for you,use a credit card which gives you more days and reward points.

Login to Me Too

azisles02
Contributor
Contributor
I don't it insulting that this is marked as resolved when more & more we're seeing people have a similar issue. I ordered some Christmas gifts and expected the payment to come out on Friday (my payday), but I get an email saying the payment is scheduled for Tuesday. Sent an email to PayPal & they didn't even apologize for not giving me notification, let alone not so anything to try & make right. Then I made a comment on Twitter & they're customer service begged me to DM them. After some back & forth, I'm back to basically being told, will too bad. The LEAST PayPal can do is cover any overdraft fees we get on purchases, but the fact they won't even say I'm sorry, I'm not holding my breathe. Customer Service at PayPal is a freaking joke.
Login to Me Too

azisles02
Contributor
Contributor

Bit of an update:

After going back & forth for a week, their Customer Service department said "since we sent you an email with the new date your money will be taken out, the fact you didn't get an updated policy email is a moot point." WTF?!?!?! First, your saying "well you should have gotten an email" then it become "well that's not really important." MAKE UP YOUR **bleep** MINDS!!! I asked them if I accept the updated policy after my order, if they would be kind enough to either A) change the date the payments would be processed this time or B) cover the overdraft fees & I would be okay. They basically said that the overdraft fees aren't their problem, so they wouldn't do anything.

Then I said "when I made the orders through eBay, the date on it reflected taken out 14 days later. They said "well provide a screenshot of it & if you can show we took the money out early, then we'd consider covering your overdraft fees from the bank." That's just ridiculous because how can I get screenshots from an order I made, now, over 2 weeks ago from the eBay app? Their lack of customer service & even keeping a consistant story is a freaking insult to the customer service industry. They only care about making sure they get their cut of transactions & not the customers who MAKE the transactions.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

dont be surprised if Paypal just eliminates PAD altogether.

Just like they remove student account.

Login to Me Too

fashionvictim86
Contributor
Contributor
Like everyone else I used this service to make it to my next payday. I also did not receive any notification that this was changing. I went back and searched through all my emails. I just found out today. On Monday I bought a bracelet for my mom for Christmas and today I get the we are going to be withdrawing your money soon email. I thought man I didn’t even get the item yet has it been 2 weeks already? If they want that to be their point about shipping times then they have to reconsider since some places don’t ship immediately. 🙄 And the 14 days is for international? You do realize it takes like a month to get items from come countries right? Stupid.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It is not stupidity,it is just the courtesy of extending you an interest free loan has been shortened from 14 to 10 days domestic .

plan your purchase accordingly and ask the seller when he can ship to gauge if it is worth buying from him,NSF is not funny. 

Login to Me Too

samsuzzaman
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My Buyer Send Me 53.44$

fess 2.65$

My Pending Balance 50.79$ 

Tell When Available My My balance

My Email:<removed>

(if you need any person social media service feel free contact with me via skype: <removed>)

I Need Instant Payment 

Please Give me a Perfect Solution.

i am Waiting For Your Ans

Tnx

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@samsuzzaman wrote:

Hello,

My Buyer Send Me 53.44$

fess 2.65$

My Pending Balance 50.79$ 

Tell When Available My My balance

My Email:<removed>

(if you need any person social media service feel free contact with me via skype: <removed>)

I Need Instant Payment 

Please Give me a Perfect Solution.

i am Waiting For Your Ans

Tnx

dont hijack other people's thread,start a new one

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you sold something,Paypal takes a cut,upload tracking and it would be released 3-7 days after delivery.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.