Paypal, pay after delivery changed from 14 to 10 days?

sarahurtado84
Contributor
Contributor

I noticed my paypal pay after delivery has changed from 14 days to 10 days just yesterday? Did paypal change it? All my purchases for the last few years have been 14 days, now the past 2 days there all 10 days now?

Login to Me Too
119 REPLIES 119

Mcfly1982
Contributor
Contributor
Helluva way to lose business. I too have been using pad, never got a memo and am now scrambling to transfer monies to account. 14 days makes sense because of the 2 week pay period. 10 days is still the same pay period. Looks like I'll be shopping less from now on.
Login to Me Too

Mcfly1982
Contributor
Contributor
Never got a warning, but not a big deal. It just means, I will be making my purchases, 4 days later than usual.
Login to Me Too

TriciaAnn
Contributor
Contributor

I was never notified and when I made my purchases to help me with my neice's wedding, PAD said the payment wouldn't come out for 2 weeks but while I was at the wedding I was notified they were taking the money early which meant I didn't have money to come home on, I had to scramble during the wedding and had so much undeserved stress at a time when I should have been celebrating.  Thanks Paypal.  By the way, your dates still say you have 14 days and gives a date 14 days after the purchase.  I'm pretty sure that's completely messed up.  I started selling on Ebay and use paypal a lot, you would think they would take care of their people.  Not happy at all with them for this 

Login to Me Too

Triciaann45
New Community Member
I had no clue they did this but found out on a trip to my nieces wedding. they said i had 14 days and gave me a date of that next Friday, however I was notified on my trip that they were taking the money on Tuesday which was earlier than I expected. I ended up not having the money to get my car from the airport and had to call a friend to bail me out at the airport parking lot. Thanks a lot PayPal.
Login to Me Too

casper27292
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah they inconvenienced alot of customers by doing fhis, and I don't even think they even care
Login to Me Too

victorianlady
Contributor
Contributor

I was NEVER notified of the change that PayPal was making to their Pay After Delivery option. Being able to spread the payments out to 2 pay periods made it possible for me to purchase items that I may not have been able to afford when they were offered on ebay. Now, unless a seller is willing to wait an extended amount for time to be sent, so I can align the purchase with a 10 day period instead of 14 days, I will no longer be able to afford to purchase as frequently as I have in the past. Having the payments withdrawn from my bank account in the middle of the week instead of the end when most people get paid, really doesn't help customers at all. Who decided to make such an impractical change to a plan that had worked so well for so many?? PayPal REALLY needs to reconsider this,as I usually spend hundreds of dollars weekly, but this will no longer be the case. This change is NOT customer friendly and needs to change back to their original 14 day terms, otherwise they will lose money. This was a BAD BUSINESS DECISION!

Login to Me Too

Mcfly1982
Contributor
Contributor
Just an fyi, paypal still shows 14 days for withdrawals whrm using PAD. Not sure if they reversed their decision, or they're so stupid, that they haven't changed the pad message screen.
Login to Me Too

casper27292
Contributor
Contributor
It's only 14 days for international orders that take longer to arrive
Login to Me Too

lulu61
Contributor
Contributor

What a slap in the face. I was counting the days until the 18th so I could use the PAD option and not have any money withdrawn from my bank account until Nov. 1st. Not now, unfortunately. I spend approx. $500-$600 a month using PAD and regular Paypal payment options (but mostly PAD). I won't be able to do that anymore. What a huge let down. I hope Pay Pal will reconsider and go back to the 14 days. 

Login to Me Too

lulu61
Contributor
Contributor

I forgot to mention that I also never received any notices that Pay Pal was doing this. Please go back to the 14 days, Pay Pal? I believe your revenue is going to drop considerably if you keep the PAD option at 10 days.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.