Paypal, pay after delivery changed from 14 to 10 days?

sarahurtado84
Contributor
Contributor

I noticed my paypal pay after delivery has changed from 14 days to 10 days just yesterday? Did paypal change it? All my purchases for the last few years have been 14 days, now the past 2 days there all 10 days now?

Login to Me Too
119 REPLIES 119

JeremyNG25
Contributor
Contributor
This has completely **bleep** me over. I get a transfer into my account every month on the 16th and use PAD accordingly. With that in mind I used PAD on the 4th knowing that on the 16th I'd have my money in. I received no notice! Now the money will get taken out 4 days earlier putting me in a negative balance. I have spent tens of thousands of dollars with PayPal and I will be deleting my account after this. Wow. I can't believe this
Login to Me Too

Delithril
New Community Member
Yeah same here. 14 days was enough time to spread the cost out over 2 pay checks with 10 days it’s just the next week and a half. Which not only doesn’t help at all. But puts the pay for date at a weird time ending in the middle of the next week.
Login to Me Too

MStilwell1290
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with the previous posters. I know the majority of people use the PAD option so that carry the costs over to the next paycheck. I will still use it, just not as frequently anymore. 

Login to Me Too

Angelbrat1
Contributor
Contributor

I guess I missed the memo too about this change.  Now I have purchases coming out of my bank before payday when I thought they would be on or after payday.  Disappointing.

Login to Me Too

Bigt8444
New Community Member

I to encounterd this issue an it put me in a bind cause I didnt catch it until after the fact. Alot of us get paid bi-weekly an now hafto space it out more. I hope this decsion is reconsidered cause i'm havin to pay for stuff now that I have yet to recieve!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PAD is like an interest free loan for 14 days from Paypal,now it is being cut down to 10 days.

Borrowing cost is going up,so is labor cost,healthcare cost.other costs.

10 days free money is still a good deal.

time your purchase,be careful of NSF

Login to Me Too

RubySoho
Contributor
Contributor

Sumiko, I like to think of myself as reasonable, but what you are saying is a kick in the gut. It seems like you are saying that when all these costs are going up (for us all!), PayPal made it tougher on its customers in an already tough time. I just went through Hurricane Irma and PayPal should have reconsidered its timing as many went through Harvey and then Hurricane Irma and then the huge earthquake in Mexico and then Puerto Rico's hurricane tragedy. The timing is really hard as is with all the rising costs you speak of hitting us small consumers and families hard already. We understand that it was a tool and we were so grateful for it. I did not find the notifications in my emails or buried within any other policy updates, like most people, we struggle every day and we are stressed for time and just plain stressed, so perhaps a better notification system is in order at best. I believe Paypal will see losses this quarter greater than if they had left the 14-day PAD in place. I may be wrong. I also think PayPal owes those who went through hurricanes and other natural disasters just as these changes were taking place are owed an apology too. I cannot begin to tell you how hard we are suffering after Irma. I live in a hard hit area. I hope someone who moderates this board shows this to a supervisor as I am sure not one policymaker thought about us natural disaster victims while higher prices for operations were being considered. Again, better notifications for policy changes at a minimum, and meaningful apologies to all the struggling families of natural disasters should be sent ASAP for the sake of human decency. Yes, I am grateful for PAD, but someone needs to look at this from the point of view of the small guy which I am sure is a good part of PayPal's bread and butter. Thank you.    

@sumiko wrote:

PAD is like an interest free loan for 14 days from Paypal,now it is being cut down to 10 days.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@RubySoho wrote:

Sumiko, I like to think of myself as reasonable, but what you are saying is a kick in the gut. It seems like you are saying that when all these costs are going up (for us all!), PayPal made it tougher on its customers in an already tough time. I just went through Hurricane Irma and PayPal should have reconsidered its timing as many went through Harvey and then Hurricane Irma and then the huge earthquake in Mexico and then Puerto Rico's hurricane tragedy. The timing is really hard as is with all the rising costs you speak of hitting us small consumers and families hard already. We understand that it was a tool and we were so grateful for it. I did not find the notifications in my emails or buried within any other policy updates, like most people, we struggle every day and we are stressed for time and just plain stressed, so perhaps a better notification system is in order at best. I believe Paypal will see losses this quarter greater than if they had left the 14-day PAD in place. I may be wrong. I also think PayPal owes those who went through hurricanes and other natural disasters just as these changes were taking place are owed an apology too. I cannot begin to tell you how hard we are suffering after Irma. I live in a hard hit area. I hope someone who moderates this board shows this to a supervisor as I am sure not one policymaker thought about us natural disaster victims while higher prices for operations were being considered. Again, better notifications for policy changes at a minimum, and meaningful apologies to all the struggling families of natural disasters should be sent ASAP for the sake of human decency. Yes, I am grateful for PAD, but someone needs to look at this from the point of view of the small guy which I am sure is a good part of PayPal's bread and butter. Thank you.    

@sumiko wrote:

Paypal is a business entity,your problems should be addrssed by govt agencie,red cross etc.

Paypal just announced earnings ,great earnings and its stock went up.

I would not buy its stock,Paypal is sitting on $6.1 billion dollars of shaky loan.

An alternative to PAD would be credit card,it gives you more than 14 days to repay.

Login to Me Too

RubySoho
Contributor
Contributor

@sumiko wrote:

@RubySoho wrote:

@sumiko wrote:

Paypal is a business entity,your problems should be addrssed by govt agencie,red cross etc.

Paypal just announced earnings ,great earnings and its stock went up.

I would not buy its stock,Paypal is sitting on $6.1 billion dollars of shaky loan.

An alternative to PAD would be credit card,it gives you more than 14 days to repay.

I just want to say that (for all consumers and families in FEMA disaster areas) Capital One, Discover, Commenty Bank, Vystar Credit union, all mortgage companies (and more that I am not aware of I am sure) all stepped up with deferment offers and all waived all late fees and suspended late credit reporting for September and October, Bank of America was going to implement new fees for savings accounts with less than a certain amount deposited each month and they held off due to the disasters. These are all entities that stepped up to assist and to make things easier on Hurricane disaster area consumers. Without going through a disaster like this, one can not imagine the process of getting help and it is natural to think the government does, but you are mistaken, the government helps very select groups of people. But, numerous private agencies stepped in to defer their payment and fees during this time. The government did nothing for us and no donations were seen by our family (one autistic child, one disabled adult (MS) and one working member of the home, no welfare, no food stamps in our family), as we are middle class (I guess) and own our own home. Please don't think the government will always help, please everyone reading this don't be naive and think that. We have lifelong medical bills that make us financially strapped and this household operates off of income from a working man, so we do not meet low-income guidelines and we get no assistance, we are one of hundreds of thousands that are in a "gray area" of "financial classes", and government does not help. But the companies that serve us and our area have helped by automatically waiving fees, deferring payments and refraining from making changes that affect their consumers financially during this time of need and this is why I am confused as to why PayPal did not hold off on changing this policy while so many FEMA disasters took place during this same period of time when so many other companies did. Due to the multitude of natural disasters, this is the period of time PAD should have remained in place at 14 days, more than any other. I'm sure most everyone can see that. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.