Paypal, pay after delivery changed from 14 to 10 days?

sarahurtado84
Contributor
Contributor

I noticed my paypal pay after delivery has changed from 14 days to 10 days just yesterday? Did paypal change it? All my purchases for the last few years have been 14 days, now the past 2 days there all 10 days now?

Login to Me Too
119 REPLIES 119

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you start counting from Nov 21,then tenth day is Nov 30th.

Login to Me Too

Frank127
Contributor
Contributor
It only works everyonce in a while anyway. Last night I was going to use it. It came up as an option but I decided I wanted to check out something else before buying. Well didn't end up needing the other item , so went to pay for the first item. No PAD. Tried several times since. No PAD. I don't understand how this is.
Login to Me Too

BlackManta
Contributor
Contributor

I have done my best to make the changes work in my favor and I still use it, but I have noticed I'm not inclined to use PAD as much as I used to since the policy change became effective. I have made adjustments to scheduling my purchases on Wednesdays now, 10 days before the upcoming payday Fridays. So, while PAD policy changes are disappointing I did not find them completely unmanageable.

That wasn't until this past weekend when I finally felt the significant drawback of these updates. For the past couple of years, I have utilized PAD on Black Friday and Cyber Monday to prepare for the holiday season. However, due to these changes, I was not able to fully take advantage of all the deals. I would have liked to use PAD and pay those purchases off with cash on paydays 14 days later like I have done so in the past. Instead, I used my credit cards and will be paying those off directly upon the next payday. At face value one might be thinking, so what? No harm, no foul. The purchase and the deals were still being conducted. However, if you didn't notice that before the policy changes Paypal PAD was always involved in my transactions, but now I'm less likely to involve Paypal with my purchase if at all. 

I would say I've gone from using Paypal PAD 4 to 5 transaction every other week, down to just two occasions since the policy change and that's if I remember. I think this policy was updated to help and protect the sellers which I'm pretty sure every honest customer is for that. However, customers who have similar behaviors and purchasing patterns as myself will be less likely to interact and utilize Paypal than the way it was before.

If there is someone combing through all these responses, I hope at the very least, the range of different reactions make the issue something to look into and possibly reevaluate the policy. See if there is any customer data that shows any decline in purchase activity and touchpoints with Paypal regarding PAD feature since the updates. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

lets do the  math-

when you buy an item for $100 using Paypal,Paypal collects 30 cents plus 2.9% of 100,which comes to $3.20

if you pay with your credit card,Paypal only net 20 cents plus 1.9% which comes to $2.10

but if you pay with bank fund,Paypal gets to keep them all,$3.20

the difference is $1.10 for a $100 payment.

but Paypal has to wait 14 days and now 10 days to collect the money,is it worth it?

Only Paypal can tell you,it depends on risk and other means of deploying its $$-PAYPAL working capital,Paypal line of credit,Paypal credit card??

Login to Me Too

Cedius
Contributor
Contributor
Please change it back PayPal. Many people have depended on this form of delayed payment for their livelihoods. An extra 4 days is minimal for your company, but a lifetime for real people. Please reconsider.
Login to Me Too

clobberintime
I had same issue, and as like numerous people in this posting I too didn't get any email about this despite what PayPal claims. Only realized when they debited the money out of my account days earlier than when I figured it would be. The 14 days was definitely a very good option they should definitely go back to it if they went to 10 days what's the stop them from going to 7 days to 5 days to 3 days then what's the point of this at all. Next thing you know you'll be charging us money actually to do this.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@clobberintime

Personally i don't see the point of it anyway, its just a short term interest free loan from paypal.

BUT it gives you no more buyer protection than if you paid instantly, just a bit more time to pay.

I prefer to fund my paypal payment via a credit card that gives me a month before i have to pay and also gives me more buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@kernowlass

you have said this many times.

if you read thru this thread,you will find some do not have a credit card,they time their PAD purchase with their biweekly paycheck or their monthly SS check ,they buy essential staples for the family or buy to resell.

most folks get paid biweekly,so if they buy on third of the month and their pay heck is deposited in their bank acount on 15th but PAD will debit their bank account on 17th,there is fund in their bank account.

some time with their SS check,pension check or whatever check which come in each month.

Unfortunately Paypal decides to make it ten days.not 14 days for domestic orders

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

They get buyer protection from Ebay if they buy on Ebay and they get Paypal protection using PAD.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Whac-A-Mole

I 'say' it because a lot of folks think that they get more buyer protection with it. They 'think' the seller does not get paid until they have received their item and are happy with it.

Whilst some may not have credit cards a lot will have and so I advise them to use it instead of PAD as it gives them a second layer of protection.

Ebay and Paypals buyer protection is not a 100% guarantee as again I keep saying so having that second layer is a good plan.

And if they get paid x2 per month then maybe it would be a good idea to miss x1 time and then 'pay in advance' instead of in arrears, its called budgeting.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.