Paypal, pay after delivery changed from 14 to 10 days?

sarahurtado84
Contributor
Contributor

I noticed my paypal pay after delivery has changed from 14 days to 10 days just yesterday? Did paypal change it? All my purchases for the last few years have been 14 days, now the past 2 days there all 10 days now?

Login to Me Too
119 REPLIES 119

PaulaHucka
Contributor
Contributor

I used PAD to help during the time I had to wait for a payday which is the 3rd of the month and I can order things I need and it be taken out on that day my check comes in now I gotta wait longer to order which isn't great cause I order my cats food online and items I might need. And not everyone is fast at shipping don't matter if they post a tracking that day and the post office isn't that fast either so think you all should reconsider this and change it back was fine the way it was not like your not getting your money anyway..  And I never recieved that email or message either!!

Login to Me Too

rachelsi33
Contributor
Contributor

I also never received an email or notification on my account about this change. I’m also an avid PAD user and loved the option of having 2weeks until next payday for my purchases. Now that PayPal has made this change I won’t be making as many online purchases using the option of PAD since it does nothing to help me be able to afford more. I thought PAD was to give you more time to pay, period. Not about how quickly something ships or arrives. This is not a good move and clearly has made a lot of people unhappy. PayPal I hope you will reconsider this change and go back to 14 days for all PAD. I think you going to lose a lot of business now with this unnecessary change. It was working before, if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it.

Login to Me Too

casper27292
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else experience the fact the pay after delivery has not only changed and messed up bank accounts from going from 14 to 10 days with warning emails a few days after paypal made the changes, But it also no longer available? I have tried all the same merchant i've used before, and none of my transactions have the pay after delivery option, I actually went and ordered 60.00 worth products from Amazon because I wasn't offered pay after delivery on ebay, I know it's not the merchants, it's paypal itself, the merchants have nothing to do with pay after delivery, that's ALL paypal, So PayPal rep if you read this, It would be nice if y'all could get things fixed and PAD straightened out, If not, then I have no use for the paypal acct. and that was pretty dirty cutting everyones 14 days short and causing a bunch of overdraft charges, I got hit with 150.00 in overdrafts fees alone. This is BS.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@casper27292

Never used it, don't see the point.

I either fund my purchases via a c.c. for extra buyer protection OR wait until i have the funds available before i buy an item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

casper27292
Contributor
Contributor

If you've never used it and don't see the point, why respond? I know there is a lot of people that do use it, and the fact someone says one thing that has to do with planning around finances and products, it's not right to change it before even notifying anyone. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@casper27292

Why respond? Well i guess because this is a community forum and folks can post their opinions.

So paypal gave you a 14 day interest free loan and have now reduced it to 10.............so plan accordingly and if you have so little in your bank account then perhaps its risky to use that option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

the issue here is that Paypal is not exactly the great communicator,whether it is the Debit card 25 cents 30 minutes transfer or PAD.

and this BS about we will get back to you in 2 days>turn out to be 2 years !

Login to Me Too

casper27292
Contributor
Contributor

It's not a question of having so little in my bank acct, it's the fact that some people, Myself included, has more than one bank acct, and the acct linked to all this web sh** is not the one I attach all my money too, You think I am going to post my acct and debit card numbers to all my money online? some folks are a tad more cautious than that, And it's not an interest free loan, it's a purchase that you have the time to make sure it's all good before paying for it, that's why PAD was even there, So think before insuating people do things how you would, not everyone is the same as you. and yes, it is a community answers page, but if you can't answer and have never even tried it or wanted too, why even chime in? it's of no help to anyone.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It is an interest free loan for 10 days,if you want to examine the item before payment,then thats between you and your seller,most sellers do not offer 10 days of free browsing/review of their merchandise,considered they have already paid for the sh ipping to you and you have their merchandise.

Paypal is extending you such privilege,Paypal paid for your item so you have the ten days to come up with the money.

do you know of any retailer who will send you the goods and give you 10-14 days to pay?

wholesalers do,if a retailer  open an account with them and they check your credit history.it is called 30 days/net

Login to Me Too

unhappy4
New Community Member

I also got hit with overdraft fees.  I placed 5 orders on the PayAfterDelivery option.  They processed them immediately, and caused me over 150 in overdraft charges.  Worse yet, they ran them through twice, and being a senior citizen on a fixed income, I didn't have a way to deposit more money in time for them to hit the second time, and got hung with another 150 in charges.  I contacted PayPal, and they gave me instructions on how to file a dispute, but then they just denied it, and refused to help in any way.  They just don't care about their customers anymore.  In their denial, it stated that I didn't have any PayPal buyer protection.  So I looked that up.

6.2 Availability of PayPal Buyer Protection PayPal reserves the right to modify or abandon PayPal Buyer Protection at PayPal’s own discretion and without reason. In case of abandonment of PayPal Buyer Protection, any open claims will still be processed until a final decision has been reached

So they tell you to dispute, knowing they are going to deny the clalim  This is BULL.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.