Paypal, pay after delivery changed from 14 to 10 days?

sarahurtado84
Contributor
Contributor

I noticed my paypal pay after delivery has changed from 14 days to 10 days just yesterday? Did paypal change it? All my purchases for the last few years have been 14 days, now the past 2 days there all 10 days now?

Login to Me Too
119 REPLIES 119

Nereygus
I never received any notifications, I just check my email which I never erase and just checked my notifications in my PayPal account and there’s nothing there saying that you notified me about changing the day. Can you resolve this ??
Login to Me Too

April7459
Contributor
Contributor
I always check my paypal emails...received no mention of the change...you know who this REALLY HURTS...DISABLED AND OLDER PEOPLE WHO ARE ON FIXED ONE CHECK A MONTH INCOMES....we could order things we need,our shampoos and household supplies a couple weeks early so we didnt have to go without certain necessities the later part of the month...now if we see a good deal and have no money cause of our circumstances....we will miss out...again those on ss and disabilities get **bleep** over!!!
Login to Me Too

gabewall
Contributor
Contributor
Honestly why can’t you guys change it back to 14 days? How much more could it possibly cost PayPal to allow 14 day PAD vs 10 day? I used Paypal constantly and now this has changed meaning I will be making purchases that I do make on a Tuesday which is weird AF and just unnecessary. I will certainly be making less purchases just like everyone else on here, therefore less revenue for PayPal. Great job to the bean counter at corporate that made this change. Come on Paypal.
Login to Me Too

Rholding
Contributor
Contributor

Changing from 10 to 14 days does not allow your customers to float a payment from one payday to another for eBay purchases. This was a very popular program that I used regularly but will no longer be using. You cut your own throat on this PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

casper27292
Contributor
Contributor
Actually that is not true, there has been several times I never received my domestic purchases before the 14 days even, because alot of times the sellers have 3 to 5 day handling times, and then you have weekends and holidays where FedEx or ups and the mail doesn't even run, so now a lot of time we will still be paying before we even receive our purchases, 14 days was sometimes even pushing it, what do you think 10 days I'd gonna do, not to mention the inconvenience that's been caused, it goes back to the old saying don't try to fix what's not even broken
Login to Me Too

Stacistrong
Contributor
Contributor
I would like to see proof of the email sent and the notifications sent. I have not received any information regarding this. Not to mention several of the pages still state 14 days. It seems Paypal was not thorough in making theses changes on all of the documents muchless notifying the consumer. This causes a hardship for many. 10 days is not enough time to send and receive at times. Please have someone contact me regarding the notification changes that were supposedly sent. False information being told doesn’t excuse the mistakes being made.
Login to Me Too

71spud
I never got a notice of the change and had a mix of mostly 14 day PAD with one 10 day that slipped in. The result was a cascade of 4 $35 NSF charges as each one hit my account. Thanks for nothing Pay”Pal”....
Login to Me Too

sroman
Contributor
Contributor

I did get a notification but no email.  As a matter of fact I have never gotten an email from Paypal about when a PAD will be coming out of my account.  PAD has always been unpredictable when using it on sites.  Now to change the date from 14 days to 10 days I do believe a lot of people will not be using PAD much if at all.  The type of items I purchase with PAD are a lot of times not even shipped out to me in the 14 days.  And most people use PAD because they are paid bi-weekly.  I know that I will not get much use out of PAD with this change.  Plus I read the notification only because I just so happened to check there was nothing alerting me to the fact that I had a notification.  I am going to end up going overdraft and having fee's now.  That in and of itself is totally unacceptable.  I urge you to reconsider this change as most people who use PAD a lot are not going to anymore.

Login to Me Too

sssOutlaws

how is this generic company post, a solution??.... all it does is simply state something that we already FOUND OUT the hard way!..  in layman terms the post says, “ this is what we changed, we dont care that you got used to it, we dont care that it was a good idea and useful to people and businesses,  and we dont care if you want it changed back to 14 days, so we will just ignore all your complaints and pleas, and just give you some generic, uncaring, unfeeling, disrepectful post” !.... it offers no solution what-so-ever..............

Login to Me Too

maggietheoutlaw
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe you can explain this to me like I'm a two year old but since the change of terms on Pay After Delivery I'm not seeing any consistency.  For instance, on Nov 5th I had 2 orders to the same seller, identical products.  The PAD dates are different.  One is 11-19 & 11-20 on the other.  This is just one of several inconsistancies.  Can anyone clarify the policy or show me exactly where it reads in its user agreement.  Thx.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.