Paypal, pay after delivery changed from 14 to 10 days?

sarahurtado84
Contributor
Contributor

I noticed my paypal pay after delivery has changed from 14 days to 10 days just yesterday? Did paypal change it? All my purchases for the last few years have been 14 days, now the past 2 days there all 10 days now?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Erica

Hello all,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. You are correct, PayPal did recently make a change to our Pay After Delivery feature which reduced the 14 day time frame to 10 days. We have found that a timeframe of 10 days covers the domestic delivery windows offered by most major shipping companies (e.g. USPS Standard Post takes 2 - 8 business days , USPS Priority Mail takes 1-3 business days). As such we decided to reduce the debit timeframe accordingly. For international deliveries we will continue to debit after 14 days.

We sent an email notifying all affected customers of this change on August 21, 2017. Information was also shared in the notifications section of your PayPal account. Remember, we will always provide the date when we will be debiting your account on the transaction details for each Pay After Delivery transaction and send you reminder emails when that date is approaching.

I hope this helps!

-Erica

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
119 REPLIES 119

denyaccess
New Community Member

i just got switched to 10 days today as well. oh well i won't be using pad that much anymore then!

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Erica

Hello all,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. You are correct, PayPal did recently make a change to our Pay After Delivery feature which reduced the 14 day time frame to 10 days. We have found that a timeframe of 10 days covers the domestic delivery windows offered by most major shipping companies (e.g. USPS Standard Post takes 2 - 8 business days , USPS Priority Mail takes 1-3 business days). As such we decided to reduce the debit timeframe accordingly. For international deliveries we will continue to debit after 14 days.

We sent an email notifying all affected customers of this change on August 21, 2017. Information was also shared in the notifications section of your PayPal account. Remember, we will always provide the date when we will be debiting your account on the transaction details for each Pay After Delivery transaction and send you reminder emails when that date is approaching.

I hope this helps!

-Erica

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!

Login to Me Too

RubySoho
Contributor
Contributor

Many of us used Pay after delivery to grow our business and to take us until the next payday to do so. 10 days does not do that. I urge you to reconsider allowing 14 days for PAD, I know I am not the only one that feels this way and I know that PayPal did not "intend" for PAD to be utilized in this way but the fact of the matter is that so, so many do and did use it in this way. Please reconsider and look at the other comments below that mirror my words. Thank you. 

@PayPal_Erica wrote:

Hello all,

I hope this helps!

-Erica

Login to Me Too

sssOutlaws

rubysoho, im sorry they basically ignored your complaint, by replying with that generic post AGAIN!... i feel your aggravation!

Login to Me Too

Oath_Keeper_3
New Community Member
Not true. I never received an email, ever. In fact, I just double checked my deleted files and nothing around your alleged date was there. And I'm positive there was never a notice on my account page. As fake as CNN! I used my pad as a buffer for those ssslllooowww shippers that are seemingly more prevalent on Ebay. The sellers will either post lightning quick, or at a painfully slow pace. In fact since mid July I've spent 4K alone on Ebay. That'll change from here on out in a big way.
Login to Me Too

Krystal8225
New Community Member
I have been using PAD since it was introduced and I did not receive an email or notification that this was happening. I use PAD as it gives me time to pay it by the next Payday, heck I even used this method for Christmas shopping! I hope PayPal reconsiders and moves it back to 14 days. This is a huge inconvenience to those who use the PAD method like myself and I am not happy that I was not properly notified. I just found this out tonight while trying to make a purchase and happen to check the date. Shame on you PayPal.
Login to Me Too

DBlake
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. Well looks like I’m not using pad that much anymore. Or I just have to time my purchase better. What is annoying is that I never received any notification on this at all.
Login to Me Too

Aukevinj

This is so much BS!! I use PAD so much that I dont even look at the withdrawal date because i know it WAS 14 days, I make purchases on a payday so two weeks later its coming out the bank on a payday. I just realized tonight that this is happening. Now I’m gonna have NSF from the bank, TONIGHT, and overdraw fees cause of this **bleep**!! Shame on you Paypal!!!!! To **bleep** with this crap!!

Login to Me Too

lisafree
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me. Three overdraft fees because I didn't notice and was never notified by email or any other way.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.