Paypal master debit EMV card

Trancie27
Contributor
Contributor

Will PayPal be issuing EMV cards to us? The deadline is fast approaching and i have not herd one way or another.

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

Ufriendly
New Community Member

It's been a year and I still don't have my chip card. 

Login to Me Too

genieangel
Contributor
Contributor

I still have not received a chipped card on either of my accounts.  When will I receive the new cards?  It's already Feb 2017

Login to Me Too

GoingUnder
New Community Member

This is one of the better replies I have seen on one of these community help sites, which are generally quite worthless. The word "soon" is ambiguous. The EMV conversion is nearly 2 years behind schedule. No card issuers have even reached 75% yet. Small banks probably no where near 50%.. no one seems to be controllin this conversion. There is no reason for PP having so much trouble with their prepaid card, especial with reloading and conversion.. Paypal needs to step up and answer with a definitive schedule for conversion. WHY? Because the ATM owners are out pacing the card issuers. Many many many ATM are entering the market that no longer accept swipe cards, while millions still have non EMV cards. 

Login to Me Too

hokie
Contributor
Contributor

Credit card companies have until the end of December to issue out new cards with the EMV chip on it.  The October 1st deadline was for merchants to have the new card readers installed in stores.

Login to Me Too

erwillard
New Community Member

I just received my new card in the mail today (December 27th) for a card that expires next month. You guessed it, NO CHIP. I am not sure what PayPay's game is here...

Eric in Nebraska

Login to Me Too

Orblogic
Contributor
Contributor

Ditto on the Dud-oo.  I got my replacement Business Debit Card today, December 27, 2016, and no chip!

Login to Me Too

Meep_Beep
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, received the new Business Debit Card today, 12-28-2016 no chip, I guess they are in no hurry to upgrade...  I hope it doesn't cause any issues using it down the road...

Login to Me Too

K25
New Community Member

I have had multiple businesses just in the last 3 weeks refuse to take the card since there is no chip. Any update from paypal would be appreciated. 

Login to Me Too

Meep_Beep
Contributor
Contributor

"I have had multiple businesses just in the last 3 weeks refuse to take the card since there is no chip."

Although it won't help at the time, report them to MasterCard, if they are an authorized Mastercard merchant they can not refuse a valid MasterCard as per rule 5.10.2 of their MasterCard merchant agreement...

"5.10.2 Merchant Acceptance of Mastercard Cards

A Merchant that accepts Mastercard Cards must accept all types of Mastercard Cards (for example, Mastercard consumer Cards, Mastercard Corporate Card® Cards, World Mastercard® Cards, and Debit Mastercard Cards)"

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consumers/get-support/report-problem-shopping.html

Login to Me Too

YellowGTO
New Community Member

Just got my Jan debts and no chip still.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.