Paypal error. Pleae help

C_Rita
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I have been trying to buy something online. I linked a Visa Preapaid card on my paypal and was going to pay for my item. when I clicked to pay with my card it brought me to a new page which said "Paypal Error Your transaction was cancled. Then it said it would rederect me back to paypal.

This is really getting on my nerves and i am very disapointed in this error. Please help.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You prepaid VISA is a credit card.  Just use it like you would any credit to make a purchase--not signed in to PayPal.

Make sure the card is registered to your name and mailing address.

Login to Me Too

C_Rita
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I did all of that and still did not work
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I suggest you unlink the card from PayPal.

On the selling web site, make sure you are not checking out with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

CCA_Sherrie
Contributor
Contributor

Some merchants do not accept Prepaid cards. Another thing could be that the card is failing verification, which usually means that the card's billing address is either different than the one that PayPal has listed on your account, or it doesn't have one in general. All prepaid cards that are able to be used on PayPal MUST have a billing address that matches PayPal's information, or it will fail. I would suggest attempting to check out as a guest if that's possible or even put in your prepaid card information rather than attempting to check out using your PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.