Paypal credit line with installment plans

Jennift6
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I'm new to installment payments/easy payment with paypal. There's something I wish to purchase and it has the option of paying the price of the item over a period of 12 months or 24 months. My question is if I choose one of those options, do I need enough credit for the full purchase or just the monthly payments (For example, if I purchase something for $4000 and the plan lets me pay $200 a month, when I purchase the item do I need to have a credit line of at least $4000 at the time?)? Also, by using easy payments/monthly payments over a spread of time, how is my credit score being affected?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

If you peruse through the FAQs here, you should find your answers. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is no direct answer to each of your questions.

First, as to whether or not you can go over the limit, there is no way to know or predict in advance.  Actually, there is no way to even know if you will have the option.  IF you qualify at the time of purchase you will be presented with PayPal Credit options.  If you do not have the options then you need to select a different payment service.

Second, if you make your payments on time there there should be no negative impact on your credit rating.

Finally, make sure you read an understand all the details of any promotional rates offered.  They are not all the same and the details are extremely important.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.