Paypal Working Capital --- Online Application Not Working

BBFYM
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone else having a problem with the Paypal Working Capital online application not working.  I have filled out the form completely only to click the "View my offer" button to be told that I need to fill out the form completely.  I am completely dumbfounded by this as I am an IT person by profession and Paypal won't return any of my requests for help with this issue.

Login to Me Too
238 REPLIES 238

Don't do it... I paid mine off earyly and they denied me for no reason whatsoever... I really should have kept that money... 😞 Now I am in a bind... 😞

Login to Me Too

Mrssassy84
Contributor
Contributor

DONT DO IT! I've paid off my loan last month and have had 6 working capital loans. Now I'm in a bind because I paid early. More than likely you will be denied. Sounds like they are out of money for lending.

Login to Me Too

Cyber-dawg
Contributor
Contributor

I agree!

Login to Me Too

aliciaq
What trick did you use in regards to tweaking the address??? Details please 😉
Login to Me Too

Mrssassy84
Contributor
Contributor
Just curious if you've tried again? I've taken out 6 loans and now was denied. All paid back rather fast. When I received my letter it just said my account was on hold (which is false). I've never had any disputes. I'm wondering if it's another glitch or something. Sales have been the same. Have you received any other insight in regards to tricks? I do realize it is based on algorithms.
Login to Me Too

Cyber-dawg
Contributor
Contributor

There are no tricks. Anyone that thinks there is a trick has not applied in the past 4-6 weeks. I suspect that Paypal simply has no money to loan. I see this at the brick and mortar banks as well. The bank that has been very generous for the past several years here locally, has suddenly become very stingy as well.

Login to Me Too

Cyber-dawg
Contributor
Contributor

The rates and the low simple interest were not a scam, I've had 4 of these loans and paid them all back early.I do not have any disputes, chargebacks, etc...I am a top rated Ebay seller, I have other businesses that use paypal, but about 3 weeks ago I got a message saying that the working capital loan application was not available because of a planned system update that would take 8 hours. Ever since that system update I find that my applications are declined and when they are not declined I get error messages. I think it is either gross incompetence with the software engineers or webbank/paypal may have become over extended by loaning out so much money at this good rate. This is just my opinion.

Login to Me Too

SoundStageEnt

I was APPROVED last week for $5000.00.   I decided to check my finances to see if this would benefit me... This week I reapplied and was turned down.   Funny thing is, this last week, we had more transactions then ever before... lol 

Login to Me Too

hjkeller
Contributor
Contributor

I also received an invitation and was turned down the first time I applied.  I called paypal to see if they could tell me why.  She said she couldn't tell me the issue at that time because their system only generates that information once every few days - but sometimes it is because of a dispute with a transaction or maybe a negative account or something on the account that is causing a red flag. She said I could keep trying daily, but she advised not to try more than once per day.  I thought about it and wondered if the problem may be because my account was still in my maiden name - but everything else affiliated with my paypal acct is in my married name.  I filled out the app for a last name change and faxed it off.  Two days later my last name was changed on the account.  I applied again and was approved.  I accepted a loan for $2500 and the one time fee was $194. I chose the 15% payback option.  I'm happy with the outcome.  I have had no problems what-so-ever.

Login to Me Too

notavgjoe
Contributor
Contributor

Seem like it is starting to work for various individuals and they were rejecting at the begining to gather some info on who/what/how much where applying.

Anyone else with experience?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.