Paypal Working Capital Identification Error

wolfeman
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have been trying to apply for a new working capital business loan ( my second loan) and I keep getting this really anoying error " Identification Error, We are sorry - We couldn't verify your information". 

I have spent the past 3 weeks on the phone with customer service, but it seems they have no real asnwers other than keep trying different addresses. I read on the forums that they use Google maps to check your information, is this true? 

I would apreciate if anyone could help me, since there isn't a whole lot about this subject in the forums. 

Thank you,

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

Mik777
Contributor
Contributor
Nobody at paypal knows and it looks they don't care at all.
Login to Me Too

Amythest00574

Did anyone ever figure this out? I had a loan that I paid off about 6 months ago. No information has changed. I applied yesterday and I was approved. My computer froze so I closed the screen and shut down. I reapplied today and was declined with error code 646?

Login to Me Too

Fear85
New Community Member
I had a loan just for a grand back in September. All paid back, and I check regularly to keep an eye on how much they will lend so I can weigh it up in my business plans. What I noticed was shortly after paying it back I got an error saying it wasn't available for my business. This lasted for around a week, and then it was all working again - and the amount had increased. The past few days it's gone down again and giving me an error 699, I'm not in urgent need, but I'm hoping again it's temporary and is just a processing procedure and will hopefully unlock with a greater allowance. Or it's just erratic, random or Paypal have loaned their budget to other accounts and it's a case of waiting for them to allow new lending again. Who knows!
Login to Me Too

Comfortlining
Contributor
Contributor
I know your post is from 2015. but you're the only post here that is referring to the codes. I just applied for my 4 loan and I'm getting a 707 which is telling me that my bank on file is in a location that pay pal is not. I took my linked bank off about a month ago since I don't really use it, having the business debt card from PayPal, so I was just told to relink my bank card and let the system update then I should be fine. I'm going to post back here with a answer within two days waiting to see if that works. I was told that was the only issue, so keeping fingers crossed.
Login to Me Too

RIMSALES

error 640.... 

THIS IS THE 4TH LOAN IVE PAID OFF IN UNDER 2 YEARS....  HALF OF THE TIME I WASTED IN BETWEEN EACH LOAN.... WAITING FOR THE USELESS SYSTEM TO MAGICALLY ACCEPT IT ONE DAY AND THEN WHEN YOU GIVE UP ALL HOPE ON IT IT PICKS A NUMBER TO LEND.  

1ST LOAN DENIED 3-4 TIMES.... THEN WAS OFFERED 20000.00 PAID OFF IN 7 MONTHS.

THEN 4500   WAS GIVEN FOR MY HARD WORK???? PAID OFF 2 MONTHS... 

THEN 4000 PAID OFF. THEN 2000.00  PAID OFF 3 MONTHS

NOW I TRY TO GET ANOTHER LOAN SAME THING .... OH YOUR ACCOUNT WENT NEGITIVE BECAUSE A GUY MADE A FALSE CLAIM ON PAYPAL CHARGEBACK YOUR FIGHTING SINCE THANKSGIVING AND ITS JANUARY 20TH.

ITS A GOOD SYSTEM WHEN THEY ACTUALLY LEND.  BUT THE LOYALTY IS ZERO. THEYHAVE BEEN THISWAY THE PAST 15 YEARS TO SELLERS....  ITS REALLY AWFUL... WHATS THE POINT IN PAYING THESE LOANS OFF EARLY IF THEY WONT MAKE IT SIMPLER TO BORROW AGAIN... SO MUCH TIME WASTED... WHY DO THEY EVEN HAVE PEOPLE TO ANSWER TO ANSWER THE PHONE  EVERYTIME FOR 2 YEARS..... UGHHHHHHHHHH KEEP TRYING ITS SO STUPID...

WHY DOES IT NOT WORK ON A MONDAY BUT WORKS 3 WEEKS LATER WHEN NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING CHANGED NO SALES NOTHING.... ITS STUPID./

Login to Me Too

mattsdelights
Hi just took a loan on 20th january for first time being offered £1500 i been paying it daily with sales with no issues and yesterday paid a big chuck of it off to clear it and plan was to hopefully reapply so left it overnight to update the payments etc just been trying and says sorry working capital not available with it says ref error 255 anybody know what this means?
Login to Me Too

johncamilla
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've had the same problem had 3 loans in the past paid off no problems, just paid off a big chuck yesterday to clear it and I get Reference error code 255 when trying to apply for another one. Any info on what this is would be great.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

megaclassic
Contributor
Contributor

hi same code here 255 , but i didnt wait untill 3 days to re-apply , so after 3 days should be ok to apply again i'm guessing ?

Login to Me Too

johncamilla
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

No mine is over a week now and still no loan with the same code, finally got a response from PayPal customer service and they said that it's a decline code of which they don't exactly know what for and then just listed off a load of reason why it could be declined, they also said my account is in good order so don't know what the reason for decline is but to try again in a few weeks...

Login to Me Too

megaclassic
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for that information , let hope we both get one soon

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.