Paypal Working Capital Identification Error

wolfeman
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have been trying to apply for a new working capital business loan ( my second loan) and I keep getting this really anoying error " Identification Error, We are sorry - We couldn't verify your information". 

I have spent the past 3 weeks on the phone with customer service, but it seems they have no real asnwers other than keep trying different addresses. I read on the forums that they use Google maps to check your information, is this true? 

I would apreciate if anyone could help me, since there isn't a whole lot about this subject in the forums. 

Thank you,

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

cknifeworks

anyone figure it out? just paid mine off and it was a big chunk, kinda hurt. gave it a couple days and re applied and got a Reference error code 646. non of my info has changed either. sucks because this will be the third loan and was hoping to get it for a piece of equipment i am needing. ill keep trying i guess

Login to Me Too

Funwatch
Contributor
Contributor

Solved my problem. I was trying to use a PO box. Once I changed the PO to a physical address, all worked great.

Login to Me Too

jdearns1
Contributor
Contributor
Does anyone know what this error means? I have just paid off 1 loan of 3k and when I got to apply again I get this message Reference error code 646 Sorry, your application was declined"
Login to Me Too

jdearns1
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know what that error code means? I just paid off my 1st loan now keep getting error code 646 

Login to Me Too

jdearns1
Contributor
Contributor

Did it ever clear the error up for you? I have the same reff #

Login to Me Too

Dotdotdot
New Community Member
Error code 646...what is it? Frustrating system.
Login to Me Too

Mik777
Contributor
Contributor

Reference error code 300. Seems like nobody on tne help line can help with the issue. Moreover, it looks like theu have absolutely no idea how it works. This is the worst customer service I have ever had.  The first loan ran smooth. The second was tricky with all this personal info staff but after a lot of playing with addresses, phones etc at some point it did work. Unfortunately there absolutelutely no way to get this information back from any kind of documents. And now I'm just filling 5-10 applications per day. May be somebody at PayPal will notice increasing in mail expencies as they send post replay on every application atttempt. I'm recieving tons of letters every week. Hope if everebody will do the same way - at some point they will see that all their money going to postal service:)

Login to Me Too

amourer2

I am also getting an error code 646. Anyone else know what this means?

Login to Me Too

Destinyx

Also getting Reference error code 646. Have paid back a 5k loan in 3 months. Lots of money moving in and out of the account. Anyone know what the error message means?

Login to Me Too

dimlimlim
New Community Member

Can any of you that posted about receiving error 646 update? Did you end up receiving a loan? Also did the system say the application was declined and then gave error 646, or did it just say error 646? Trying to apply for my 3rd loan and have received this a couple times but its only been 2 business days since I paid off loan number 2. Wondering whats going on.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.