Paypal My cash refund success

PowJe17
Contributor
Contributor

I just had my first bad experience with a paypal my cash card. My brother purchased one for me to help out for the month so it was sort of an emergency situation. I couldn't load it to my account and went through creating a ticket and dealing with the (terrible) customer service, they said its all good now but it wasn't and I kept getting error messages so they are issuing me a refund check now. 

Has anyone had experience getting the refund check successfully? How long did it take to recieve after the request was submitted?

I've used paypal for so long and I have never had complaints until now 😞 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if Paypal sends you a check,it will be mailed to your USPS first class mail,so it would take 3-5 days.

You may have to cash it at a bank,not currency exchange,or just deposit in your bank account.

Login to Me Too

PowJe17
Contributor
Contributor

But the check wouldn't come from paypal it would come from whoever owns this paypal my cash card crap which isn't paypal. I know I will have to take it to my bank thats not an issue at all. He only sent this way because my credit union (bank) isn't in his state. But my question was if anyone actually has had success getting the check in the first place. I have read some horror stories about this paypal my cash card thing since the error issue started. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hindsight - your brother should send by western union ,then you can go to a supermarket and pick up the cash with proper ID and that secret code.

It would cost your brother a fee though,or he can send you money via Paypal friend and family  to your paypal account and you pay no fee.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.