Paypal My Cash cards

andy3889

I'm planning to travel to the US soon, and I will be bringing cash. My question is, as a Canadian citizen, will I be able to purchase a paypal my cash card from stores (eg. 7 eleven) and load it to my account (which was also created on paypal canadian site)? On the website for the my cash card it says purchasing requires your SSN number (which obviously I do not have because I'm not a US citizen). 

Sorry but I do not use paypal often but I feel like this would be the 'safer' option if I wanted to make online purchases while in the US travelling as opposed to buying prepaid VISA/CCs. Would greatly appreciate it if anyone could clarify, thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

andy3889

alright I answered my own question. Figured I could just insert some random 10 digit pin to see what happens and of course, it tells me "sorry, my cash paypal is only available for US paypal accounts at this time". Oh well, hope this answers it for others.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

andy3889

alright I answered my own question. Figured I could just insert some random 10 digit pin to see what happens and of course, it tells me "sorry, my cash paypal is only available for US paypal accounts at this time". Oh well, hope this answers it for others.

Login to Me Too

whatppl
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal My Cash is a scam, they will not let me redeem my $500 this morning. edit: here is a related thread

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.