Paypal MasterCard not supported by Apple Pay

Peapicker54
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to add my PP MasterCard to my Apple wallet and got a message that the issuer does not support Apple Pay. I called the issuer, Synchrony Bank, and they couldn't help me, despite Sychrony Bank being listed on the Apple wallet app. They transferred me to Pay Pal and after a long wait on hold and several minutes with a rep, I thought I was on the verge of getting an answer when I was disconnected. I don't have the willpower to call back. Any info?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sdore
Contributor
Contributor
Same here.
Login to Me Too

Tekurtz
New Community Member
I haven't figured out what the problem is yet, but for whatever it's worth when I was on iOS 9.3 the PayPal MasterCard was added successfully and used multiple times. Once I updated to 10.3.3 and tried to add the card again I got the message saying the card isn't supported. My guess is that it's an ApplePay issue.
Login to Me Too

Peapicker54
Contributor
Contributor
I’m using 11.0.2 now, I may try again. Thanks for your reply.
Login to Me Too

Lex61564
New Community Member
The same thing
Login to Me Too

jpromi2
Contributor
Contributor

Just called customer service, the gentleman on the other end said Paypal is not seeking to add the debit card to Apple Pay, but instead is seeking to add support for your regular Paypal account, which stinks because it means you can't get the 1% cash back. He suggested to click the "Site Feedback" button on the bottom of the website and suggest they add debit card support to Apple Pay and not just the standalone account.

Login to Me Too

ehi2942
Contributor
Contributor

I spoke with a manager at Synchrony Bank who is taking responsibility for not yet adding the Apple Pay support. It would be nice if they did this quickly, I would imagine that many card holders are tech-saavy and are used to security and convenience of mobile payment systems.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.