Paypal Master Credit Card **Autopay**, a must addition to the brand!

RVAVCU
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Paypal community.  It has been some time since this topic has been brought up according to my search on here and would like to bring it up again.  

I believe this is a very important option for Paypal customers to be able to setup auto payment.  Like others have said I too feel without this option, that most other credit card companies now offer, is a way to pray on the slip ups of their users to tack on extra fees whenever possible.

I haven't had any issues with Paypal or their credit card offerings (until now) and have carried my fair share of debt with interest accrual over my college years but now with it being paid off I will just put it in the drawer and replace it with new credit cards that can accompany my wants of easy payments.  

Let alone their APR is off the chain @ 23.99% that is non negotiable.  Called a Customer Service rep and all he said was the APR is fixed and the only thing I could do is close the account if I wanted (Been a customer for over 6 years).  I would think they would of offered to drop me to their lower 19.99% APR category with my credit score at just over 760 and tenure but nope.

Please let it be known if you agree or disagree so we can create more awareness and maybe change a thing or two for the customers.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

colorpaint
Contributor
Contributor

This gets brought up repeatedly over the years, yet there's never so much as a response from the Paypal or GE capital folks. Not optimistic about their card getting autopay anymore. 

@RVAVCU wrote:

Hello Paypal community.  It has been some time since this topic has been brought up according to my search on here and would like to bring it up again.  

I believe this is a very important option for Paypal customers to be able to setup auto payment.  Like others have said I too feel without this option, that most other credit card companies now offer, is a way to pray on the slip ups of their users to tack on extra fees whenever possible.

I haven't had any issues with Paypal or their credit card offerings (until now) and have carried my fair share of debt with interest accrual over my college years but now with it being paid off I will just put it in the drawer and replace it with new credit cards that can accompany my wants of easy payments.  

@let alone their APR is off the chain @ 23.99% that is non negotiable.  Called a Customer Service rep and all he said was the APR is fixed and the only thing I could do is close the account if I wanted (Been a customer for over 6 years).  I would think they would of offered to drop me to their lower 19.99% APR category with my credit score at just over 760 and tenure but nope.

Please let it be known if you agree or disagree so we can create more awareness and maybe change a thing or two for the customers.

Login to Me Too

scott321
New Community Member

Not offering autopay in this day in age is like only allowing people to mail in a written check to pay their bill. There's no excuse. This is a predatory move to increase PayPal's chances of making money on missed payments. Does anyone else see a potential class action lawsuit here? 

Login to Me Too

kyancy
Contributor
Contributor

I'm with you. Finally paid mine off. I have a few small micro monthly payments that get applied and thats it. I want to set it up so I pay full balance automatically but they dont support it. Instead, If I forget I get nickeled and dimed. This is truly ridiculous. They want to make it as hard as **bleep** to not maintain a balance. Disgraceful really, yet you dont want to cancel the card as it will actually hurt your credit score. Having more credit available helps the score. 

Login to Me Too

techboy
Contributor
Contributor

No sir it really does not hurt your credit score actually. 

Reference:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Closing-Credit-Cards/td-p/347190

But ya it is so fricken annoying.  They are the only major CC that i know of that does not have that option; certainly the only CC i have that doesnt have the feature.

Login to Me Too

ladylovo
New Community Member

i agree completely that PayPal should offer the abilty to setup AUTOPAY. their interest rate is exhorbitant and when life gets busy, I dont want to be charged a huge fee. come on Paypal - come into the new millenium and give us the ability.

Login to Me Too

moe15243
Contributor
Contributor

@ladylovo wrote:

i agree completely that PayPal should offer the abilty to setup AUTOPAY. their interest rate is exhorbitant and when life gets busy, I dont want to be charged a huge fee. come on Paypal - come into the new millenium and give us the ability.

Ditto, I don't want to ever miss a payment and without autopay I will NOT be using the card and in this day and age it is ridiculous that this functionality isn't available. However, I got an email September 1st saying they would be updating the website and adding the option to setup recurring payments and another email stating the same a few days ago. So hopefully this should be coming soon because otherwise I won't be using the card at all.

Login to Me Too

Luckyq80
New Community Member
I'm afraid to use PayPal CC now because they don't offer Auto payment function. Recently had to pay around 72 bucks for a miss payment $12 Balance. I never have this problem with all other credit cards that allow us to set minimum Auto payment. Someone said Paypal tried to make money on customers with late payment fee, is that true?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.