Paypal MY CASH

La1
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting, I have been reading the threads tonight, I just bought the Paypal MY CASH card today as they did not have the Money Pak card, so they said, I have tried several times to load my paypal account as it is faster(Usually) to load it with moneypak or my cash.  I called paypal several times and they told me they have issues with this and are not sure why! I get this message:

"Sorry, we are unable to verify your identity using our National database. 

Please go to www.paypal.com, log-in to your account, and visit the "Resolution Center" to 
complete this process and fulfill the manual documents requirements. Once we are able 
to confirm your identity, you will then be able add money to your PayPal account. 

In the event where we are unable to verify your identity you may request a refund via the My Cash

website. Click here to request a refund."

I AM verified, yet it still does this, I was also told to try tomorow as sometimes it works,. WTH Paypal!  Prior to that I was told by Paypal Customer Service to take the card back to the retail store and tell them you would like a refund as the card is not working, so I drove all the way back to the storem showed the clerk my paypal account that the money off my card is NOT in my paypal as the card does not work.The Clerk refused and told me once it leaves the store we can not issue a refund, WTH! Are you kidding me!! I explained to her that I originally asked for the Money Pak and you told me that you did NOT have them, wala now you have them? She would not Swap out the cards for a moneypak card. I am ticked as this, I have money just sitting on this card and cant use it!! The card services which by the way it is a 3rd party provider told me I could get a refund but it takes 10 TEN BUSINESS DAYS!  I have tried different browswers, cleared my cache, tried a different internet connection and even tried someone elses computer.. NADA!  Right now, Paypal CASH SUCKS **bleep** right now. This is totally  BS! I even called the provider that provides the cards to various merchants and HE would not give me a refund or allow me to get another card!!!

Anyone else having this issue still???

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi La1,

I sincerely apologize for the frustration this has caused you and would be happy to help!

Before your My Cash Card's balance can be added to your PayPal account, we require that you confirm your legal name, address, DOB and SSN for security reasons. If, for any reason, the information provided to us does not match up with the national database we use to verify, we will not allow you to add money to your PayPal account balance.

Please note that if we are unable to verify your identity, you will be entitled to a refund via the My Cash website. You can log in to request a refund here: https://www.paypal-cash.com/index.html. This refund process can take up to 10 days to complete, which I understand is an inconvenience. Smiley Sad

-AshleyP

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

MaxxSpeed1964
New Community Member

One the back of the My Cash card (that I just purchased), it states three steps to load cash into your PayPal account - where do I begin to enther the 10 digit pin number?...

Thanks, Maxx

Login to Me Too

lectrode
Contributor
Contributor

instructions on how to verify manual documents? I've been with Paypal forever and my account is verified. It has nothing to do with the card because we never even got far enough for the system to ask for the PIN. This is obviously a Paypal problem, you should not expect your members to go on an un-assisted scavenger hunt through your website to fix it for you.

Login to Me Too

lectrode
Contributor
Contributor
Funny I got the exact same runaround. My gifter could have purchases any other gift or money card and it would be honored. PayPal My Cash charges a $3.95 activation fee on top of the value. I'm now told through the refund process that I can expect a check by mail in about 14 days. Sine the card essentially was not activated I will expect the activation fee returned as well. I will keep my social media associates apprised as to what they might encounter based on my own experience.my PayPal account is and has been verified for quite some time now. The overall experience has been enlightening, it is an absurd and encumbered method of transacting money.
Login to Me Too

lectrode
Contributor
Contributor

I did get a check from them a week later, in all cash tied up for weeks when it's supposed to be instantaneous. I was told by support there is a series of numbers you can put in to get to a customer support person but how would I know that? It reeks of intentional tie up of funds and I will never use a gimmic like this to fund my account again.

Login to Me Too

sg22
New Community Member

I just purchased the PayPal MY CASH card today and is having trouble trying to find where to go to load it . I see where it has loading money from the bank and the Money Pack Green Dot  card but nothing for the PayPal MY CASH card.  Can you or anyone who see this post please help?  I know that the store I brought this from will not tate a refund, so please I hope I can load this. 

Login to Me Too

iphonerepair662
Contributor
Contributor

giftfromghandi
Contributor
Contributor

yes i used the link you have provided . entered my number and selected. was asked to sign in to my paypal account . and and and . the page opened and is and was and continues to be blank. dude i was raised quaker. ok dude.  and dude know that violence is never ever a path that this dude would consider.  yet this dude can not shake this desire to  slap the dude out of you. jfwy  ha ha . i'm cracking my self up...dude, you may wanna pull that post of yours down. well guess this dude is calling the pay pal dude. we're cool dude and too alll the dudes and dudettes (you hotties) out in the cyber-landia -ROCK ON

Login to Me Too

axmarcus
New Community Member

How long is the verify identity progress going to take? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.