Paypal MY CASH

La1
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting, I have been reading the threads tonight, I just bought the Paypal MY CASH card today as they did not have the Money Pak card, so they said, I have tried several times to load my paypal account as it is faster(Usually) to load it with moneypak or my cash.  I called paypal several times and they told me they have issues with this and are not sure why! I get this message:

"Sorry, we are unable to verify your identity using our National database. 

Please go to www.paypal.com, log-in to your account, and visit the "Resolution Center" to 
complete this process and fulfill the manual documents requirements. Once we are able 
to confirm your identity, you will then be able add money to your PayPal account. 

In the event where we are unable to verify your identity you may request a refund via the My Cash

website. Click here to request a refund."

I AM verified, yet it still does this, I was also told to try tomorow as sometimes it works,. WTH Paypal!  Prior to that I was told by Paypal Customer Service to take the card back to the retail store and tell them you would like a refund as the card is not working, so I drove all the way back to the storem showed the clerk my paypal account that the money off my card is NOT in my paypal as the card does not work.The Clerk refused and told me once it leaves the store we can not issue a refund, WTH! Are you kidding me!! I explained to her that I originally asked for the Money Pak and you told me that you did NOT have them, wala now you have them? She would not Swap out the cards for a moneypak card. I am ticked as this, I have money just sitting on this card and cant use it!! The card services which by the way it is a 3rd party provider told me I could get a refund but it takes 10 TEN BUSINESS DAYS!  I have tried different browswers, cleared my cache, tried a different internet connection and even tried someone elses computer.. NADA!  Right now, Paypal CASH SUCKS **bleep** right now. This is totally  BS! I even called the provider that provides the cards to various merchants and HE would not give me a refund or allow me to get another card!!!

Anyone else having this issue still???

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

savvychelle
Contributor
Contributor

Just figured i'd update this in case anyone going through the same thing reads it later. I requested the refund on 4/19 and received the 500 dollar refund check exactly 10 business days later. There was no communication at all between the request and actually receiving the check...it just showed up in the mail.

Login to Me Too

Pandoravix
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I was wondering who did you request the refund from? Paypal, the store where you purchased it or INCOMM? and how did you go about it? Did you write an email or call? and if you do not mind posting the contact information that would be very useful. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Go to PayPal My Cash site to request refund.  You will find instructions on how to do this in the FAQs section of the site.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Sharinawolmby30
Contributor
Contributor
So how long i have to wait for cash fund
Login to Me Too

DarthDre758
Contributor
Contributor

Is anyone else having a hard time finding these in the stores?  Riteaid no longer has them (still has the spot though) same with Dollar General.  Any ideas?

Login to Me Too

joea64
Contributor
Contributor

7-11 has them, I purchased one yesterday. CVS used to have them but at the two local stores I checked the slots were empty though still labeled for the card. While Family Dollar is one of the retailers certified for reloading the card, oddly enough they've never stocked them in my experience (at least at my local store).

Login to Me Too

grahamJanemba

I have found a FIX! (at least for me) It was constantly erroring out... I changed browsers, and suddenly it worked! I know this isn't much info, but this may help some.

Login to Me Too

ItsDro
Contributor
Contributor

@grahamJanemba wrote:

I have found a FIX! (at least for me) It was constantly erroring out... I changed browsers, and suddenly it worked! I know this isn't much info, but this may help some.

I can confirm this worked for me too... So I've used these "PayPal My Cash" cards quite a few times (probably at least 20 times total), and had never had a single problem. I tried to load one today, and it responded that it was unable to verify my identity in the National Database (or something to that effect)-- despite the fact that I've had this PayPal account for YEARS, and, as mentioned above, I've used these "My Cash" cards repeatedly with no issues previously. I saw this post about 30 minutes into sitting on hold, waiting for support to answer, so I gave it a try...

I pretty much always use Google Chrome, so I'm pretty sure that's what I was using when I've loaded these cards in the past, and that's definitely what I was using today when it suddenly wouldn't work anymore. After reading the comment above, I opened Firefox and tried it out. In Firefox, it went through the process, past the point where it was "unable to verify my identity" in Chrome-- but when I got to the very last step, and clicked "Yes, Load It" (or whatever that last button says), it went to the next screen and it just said "null" in red letters. Since it made it past the "unable to verify" point, I tried it one more time in Firefox, and it finally worked, just like it always has before.

***So, if anyone is having the "unable to verify identity" problem with "PayPal My Cash cards"-- try using a different browser to load the card into your account, and maybe you'll be able to get it to work.

***ATTN PayPal-- I think I saw that this thread was started a couple of years ago (which means that this problem is at least that old). I don't know how widespread the issue is though, since this was the first time it happened to me. Anyway, I can verify that I got mine to work the same way '@grahamJanemba' did (by switching internet browsers). If whoever reads/monitors this board has any contact with the people who would fix problems like this, if you'll tell them it's seemingly related to web browsers somehow, they might be able to pinpoint the issue-- if they decide to try to fix it, that is. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

cheryl5
New Community Member
Having same problem..bought a PayPal my cash card at krogers put MONEY ON CARD.AT FIRST IT SHOWED THE MONEY WAS THERE BUT HADNT BEEN PUT ON A CARD YET.JUST GOT IT FRIDAY NIGHT.I HAD GOT IT FOR MY R WHO HAS A PAYPAL CARD BUT I GOT A MESSAGE IN MY NAME I DONT HAVE A PAYPAL CARD.IT WOHLDNT LET ME PUT MONEY ON HER CARD SO JUST NOW I HAD TO SET UP ACCOUNT FOR ME USING A DEBIT CARD HAD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN TWO PHARMACY STORES NOT KROGER AND I DONT HAVE MONEY SHOWING.DO I REDO THE PIN ON. BACK OF THE CARD AND try again.what do I do to get my money I paid the fees paid cash at store never had so much trouble before.Green dot use to be so good haven used it so 've it changed
Login to Me Too

kingdaddy2004
Contributor
Contributor

You know 5 times out of 10 I have a problem when I try to load money on my account. Last time no problem just entered the 10 digit number and went straight to my paypal account try it today and nope no deal This is the message I recieve

Load Funds

Sorry, the redemption of your My Cash card could not be completed at this time.
Please try again in 30 minutes, and if the problem isn't resolved, then call My Cash card customer service at 855-721-5035.

My Cash Error Code = 109

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.