Paypal Here: Adroid app with no camera option for barcode scanning.

mrmage8
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I'm using Pay Pal Here app but the camera feature doesn't work for bar code scanning. I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone, both Android operating systems, to do business. Both of my devices are equip with a camera and the device themselves allow the app to use the camera function and its even updated to the latest version of the app. However, the feature which allows the use of the camera for bar code scanning does not appear. It does appear when I use it on the iPad. I like to have a bar code scanner for my devices. I hope you can help. Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

From my own experience with Android (version 5) phone and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (Android 6).  The bar code option does not appear in the menu option when the PayPal Here is operating in portrait mode on the phone.  It does work in landscape 2-column mode on the tablet.  The tablet is the high resolution model.

Which devices use landscape and which ones use portrait?

Which version of Android?

How old is the tablet?

The barcode option is really nice.  It makes selling so much faster.

By the way, Square isn't even close to adding bar code; I talked to a sales rep 2 weeks ago.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.