Paypal Doesn't Report to Credit Bureaus?

v_rae_cho
Contributor
Contributor

I've been reading through several posts from Paypal Credit users who are having the same issue I am having - would love someone from PayPal Credit to shed some light on this.  I've been with Paypal Credit for over a year and haven't seen it on my credit report ever.  But I see very few people post that they do have Paypal Credit on their credit reports.  Is there a certain amount of line of credit that you need to have for Paypal Credit to report to the credit bureaus? 
Trying to build credit on my end - and my credit score would be definitely beautiful if Paypal Credit would report.  Just curious to know if there are requirements, etc.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Reerob62
New Community Member

I've been wondering the same thing...I've had PayPal Credit for almost a year and trying to improve credit. I recently got a Capital One card and it's already showing as a new account on my credit report, and it's for LESS than the amount approved from PayPal. I keep PayPal in good standing and I'd like to see it reflected on my report. I hope PayPal responds soon. 🙂 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal is not likely to respond and PayPal is not likely to disclose details of credit reporting.  PayPal keeps a lot of security and credit practices private as a way to protect their own business and their members.

If you want to improve your credit score, makes sure you are NEVER late for a payment for regular bills or any credit card accounts; make sure you never use more than about 25% of of your total avaialble credit.  Building assets is also beneficial to your credit score.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.