Paypal Digital Gifts site

Sumla31
Contributor
Contributor

I am suddenly completely unable to access the paypal digital gifts website.  I had no problems early last week, but for the last 3 days I get an error message "this site can't be reached".  I cannot access it from any of my computers or my phone.  I have tried Chrome and Explorer and I have tried more than one network.  I consistently get the same message.  I assume it is the site, not me, but I don't see anyone else posting about this issue.  Any ideas on how to fix?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

AH0Y
New Community Member

Spoke with PayPal customer service and they said they have no idea when the site will be up and running again but apparently they are working on the issue. Give me a break. The site has been down for a few days now. What an unreliable service.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Smitty78
New Community Member

I have the same problem. I have several gift cards that I cannot access right now.

Login to Me Too

hou1960
New Community Member

same issue here, it has been happening since 8/23.

Login to Me Too

j7654321
New Community Member

Nobody in customer service or the whole company knows when this problem can be solved. It looks like business as usual and no official acknowledgement on this issue. Paypal is hijacking its customers' fund and hiding.

Login to Me Too
Solved

AH0Y
New Community Member

Spoke with PayPal customer service and they said they have no idea when the site will be up and running again but apparently they are working on the issue. Give me a break. The site has been down for a few days now. What an unreliable service.

Login to Me Too

Sumla31
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I can't believe Paypal Gifts has done nothing to inform customers when they know about the problem.

Login to Me Too

mslamtntv
New Community Member

I have spoken with the PayPal Digital Gifts team several times, even went to a supervisor.  They were absolutely NO help whatsoever!  Tried accessing the site again last night with no luck.  Today, the site was back up and running.  However, all four of the iTunes digital gift cards that I had been UNABLE to access, showed that they were already redeemed!  After calling the team AGAIN, they could only issue a refund. I told the rep, this kind of service is unacceptable and I WILL NOT do business with the PayPal Digital Gifts again.  They took my money, didn’t deliver the product and provided poor customer service.  Not what I expect from PayPal.  I am extremely disappointed!!!

Login to Me Too

CCA_Sherrie
Contributor
Contributor

So far I have heard that this issue is fixed, but if you are still having any issues, PayPal Digital Gift Cards are being fully refunded if you want. I know that there have been a few issues with the card balance stating zero, and it is actively being fixed. This all had to do with an update of the site.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.