Paypal Credit not working

lw4
Contributor
Contributor
Recently I signed my Daddy up for paypal credit. We verified his cell number, email, social, and even linked a card/bank account. It was working fine, but today is is faulty and won't allow him to send money nor will it allow him to buy anything using paypal credit though it is the preferred method. Before you say "Well..just call them." we have called them TWICE..both of us on the phone. I also explained the problem. They looked into and said he's verified and everything is fine and legitmet. Well he tried to send money as well as buying an item to see if he could actually get it to go through. It says sorry, please use other payment method. Why? He has gotten over 900+ dollars on his paypal credit account. Help would be greatly appreciated I have already spoken to PayPal twice and emailed them twice as well. disgruntled daughter; annoyed father.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal credit is n ot like your bank or cc credit,it is not always available.

it is up t o Paypal whether it wants to extend it,if it is not there,then use a different payment method.

Login to Me Too

BobVInformed
Contributor
Contributor

Ignore the copy and paste response, which is completely unhelpful. It has nothing to do with Paypal Is Different, or not exactly. obviously, if you had another payment method to uee, you would not have selected PPC in the first place,

Paypal has decided thag simply being approved for the credit line is not good enough, they have their "proprietary security protocols" for approving purchases, with zero guidelines or up front (or ANY) disclosure of what those guidelines are. What does appear to happen, though, is that one single "questionable" transaction according to those rules not jusr declines the one purchase, but effectively locks the credit line for ANY purchases for 3-7 days or longer.

Your only recourse is to leave the account be, don't try any purchases via credit, for 3-7 days and try again.

Do not bother calling Paypal or Paypal Credit support. They will both blame each other and si ply give you the runaround.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.