Paypal Credit - Minimum payment due?

jstacko
New Community Member

I have a paypal credit availability of $1250. Going through my statements, I had a total balance of $893.06, which included interest and a single late payment fee of $25. After talking with PP support, they waved the $25, which brought my total down to $868.06.

I have made 3 payments on my account:

$100

$15.24

$752.82

So in total, I have paid the $868.06.

Now when I look at my account, I am seeing that I have a minimum due of $8.71 - why is this? After the fee was waved, I made the first two payments, and a few weeks later (before my next bill) I paid the 752.82. I tried to call support, but they are closed for labor day.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Without looking at your last 3 statements there is no way of knowing.

Login to Me Too

Judith123
Contributor
Contributor

It might be interest that has accrued since your previous statement.

I once paid off a sizeable bill (like you, "before the next bill"), and then received a bill for the interest that had accrued between the time of my previous bill and day they received the payment.  (It was a matter of ten days, maybe, as I recall.)  I called and it was explained to me that interest does not stop accruing because you recieved a bill and the amount of interest was based on the Average Daily Balance of my account.  That's the best I can recall what happened, it was so many years ago.  I had to pay the bill, but that was the last one. 

That's my best guess for your situation.  Call PP for answers.  🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.