Paypal Credit Ebay

joeknex
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am looking to buy these products with PayPal Credit on Ebay. I am looking at the £37.13 for 24 months. 0.0% intrest (fixed)

nhgbdnhgmjhg.JPG

I have the folowing questions:

1. My PayPal balance and PayPal Credit are £0.00. Will the payments automaticly come out of my back account like it does for a normaly purchace, or do I have to have money physically in the PayPal account balance or credit before?

2. My Available credit is £250. Does it matter?

3. What day will the next and first payment be made? Is it 30 days after or on the same numerical day? (e.g. If purchased on the 1st, the next payment would be the next 1st)

4. Will I never get changed more then £891.00 as it's fixed? (I read something about only for the first 4 months???)

Thank You in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

SeanTankGarvey
Contributor
Contributor
First off kudos (literally) for the great question and thoroughness. I hope and it helps others think like you do. Let's unpack your questions one at a time, the best I can. First off you said to conflict in things you said that your PayPal balance in your PayPal credit are both $0 but then you said your available credit is 250 so is your PayPal credit 0 or is it 250? Secondly to answer your last question first if you were to choose the first option then whatever interest rate they specified would only be valid for the first 4 months cuz it's only a four month timeframe and because it doesn't say fixed but because the last option says for the whole length of time and it says fixed it should legally be valid for the entire length of time however you still may have to pay fees or penalties for convenience fees as they call them but they should be nominal or minimal and or non-existent. I would assume that they are non-existent in this case since PayPal credit is insured that you're paying a monthly fee every month guaranteed and they are getting money and the seller is getting money and yeah. So your third question you need to read the terms of service to determine what the dates will be free when you have to pay and because it usually is the first of the month and it's not usually based on when you paid but it could be if you did is based on when you bought the product so you buy it on the 12th of the month then it would be every 12th of the month thereafter that's the other alternative but once again read the terms of the service under PayPal credit TOS.. now for your first question if both your balance and your credit what is zero and you had no available credit of 250 and you had no linked accounts or debit accounts or no bank accounts with any money in them then you would be **bleep** and wouldn't be able to use this service. However from my understanding the fact that you've already qualified for PayPal credit means that all you need at this point is if there is a down payment which it doesn't appear to be that amount but sure in this case is none and the initial first month's payment plus the amount set aside for the second month's payment so basically two times the first payment of 3710. Next when you say that your available credit is 250 what do you mean by that do you mean that your credit limit on your debit card or bank card that you have linked to your PayPal account is Max of 250 because that is the case that shouldn't be a problem provided that every month after paying your 37.10 or whatever you are paying your bill off immediately and starting fresh. Basically it's the total is $891.70 if that's correct then you should not ever be charged more than that amount if it's your percent fixed and as long as you are making your monthly payments on the exact due date every time without fail however if you miss a payment or do something like that then you could be subject to fees penalties and or lose your fixed rate so it is very important that you always have the other side in advance so my recommendation personally would be to put it in your PayPal credit card that has or an account that has basically $1,000 in it and then just don't worry about it and let it pay it or draw it out over the next, you know, 24 months or whatever. Something in make sure you read the entire TOS or terms of service for PayPal credit if you plan to use it it's important that you know what you're getting yourself into. It's subject to change but it's not subject to change in regards to what you signed at the time you signed it because any changes they make, even if it's updated afterwards won't be valid retroactively for what you signed. What you sign(ed) in the Terms of Service is what you're agreeing to at that moment in time and it serves, both between you and them, as an agreement for going forward for that specified length of the contract from the moment you sign it until the time it expires. SO READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE OF THE PAYPAL CREDIT (CARD). It will explain everything thoroughly. Or if you still don't understand it at that point at least look at the for the customer service number on the terms of service and call and ask them these questions because you don't want to get yourself in a situation where you are legally liable and responsible for paying obscene amount of money for something that you were unaware of because as they say quote ignorance of the law is no excuse endquote. Come it up if you have$37 and $0.10 in your balance or and minimums in your linked account that is attached to your PayPal then you should be fine but you need to make sure that it is linked to your credit PayPal credit or that once your PayPal credit pays it that you then immediately pay that bill with that money that same months so that you're not charged any interest because your percent doesn't mean that means no interest if you pay on time as far as I know. I truly hope all is information how to make the best choice possible and I think it's a good plan to go with the one where you're paying something small every month instead of just putting it off for months and then hoping to pay it all at once that's much less wise plan. Good luck and God bless. I don't mean this condescendingly at all but the best plan would be to save up money until you could afford it out right and then you don't have to worry about paying interest or terms are things like that but if you could just budget money anyway for a few months you could buy it outright and you might even be able to buy it at even better price because you could pay for it all at once... just something to think about. PS: if you do choose the second plan make sure you click learn more above where it says paying monthly installments and then when you do go to check out make sure that you do notice that it says choose a credit plan so you will have some different choices and we'll see some more information at that point but don't expect it to be free service entirely or at least I wouldn't. And I don't know if it was referring to the cost of the goods or referring to how much money you needed to have available in your credit line but it did say $199 minimum for the plan to that one that you were talking about so keep that in mind so you may need to pay $200 plus the first months payment installment to $37 at the beginning good luck way to be prudent and still go after what you want but sometimes remember thriftiness and for saving can get you even more.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.