Paypal Credit Balance is Negative

humafold
New Community Member

My PayPal Credit account is negative. I purchased system parts from Newegg, then paid off the PayPal Credit. I then returned 3 of the items to Newegg. Now I am sitting with -$500 in PayPal Credit. I assume they are not going to let me transfer the return money to my bank account. Is the only way to use that money by purchasing something using PayPal Credit?

This is not my regular PayPal Balance. This is PayPal Credit with a negative balance. Meaning that PayPal Credit owes me the money.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Check the details on the back of your PayPa Credit statement; that's the full statement in PDF format.

You cannot transfer the credit balance to your PayPal account balance.  You could probably request a check from PayPal Credit, but you'll need to contact them directly for that.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Check the details on the back of your PayPa Credit statement; that's the full statement in PDF format.

You cannot transfer the credit balance to your PayPal account balance.  You could probably request a check from PayPal Credit, but you'll need to contact them directly for that.

Login to Me Too

Jayrich25
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem, what if I use the money straight from paypal credit, will I have to pay interest? Can I just use it as regular money from paypal credit?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Jayrich25

PayPal Credit is for purchases, not for cash advances.

Login to Me Too

Jayrich25
Contributor
Contributor
So I can use the negative amount like a regular paypal balance ? I'm confused
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you have a  credit balance aviable in you PPC you can phone PayPal to have it transferred to your PayPal account or they can at least instruct you how to do it.

Login to Me Too

Jayrich25
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks and what if I used some of the negative balance will I owe or will it already be paid off?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What do you mean by a negative balance?

Any money you owe will be negative as it is debt?

Login to Me Too

Jayrich25
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item from ebay, item stopped working so I sent it back and got a refund. I already paid off the credit used for that item, I'm just wondering since I already used some of the refunded money in paypal credit will I owe it back to paypal credit? When I used the negative balance in paypal credit it just went down.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Why would you need to pay money back to PayPal Credit?  You got it as a refund so it gives you a credit balance--the same as if you got a refund credit on a credit card.

When you make your next purchase on PayPal Credit the purchase will offset the credit.  You would then owe the debt balance.

You can also request withdrawal of the credit balance to go to your PayPal funds.  It's your money to use as you wish.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.