Paypal Credit Account Gone

theQueenofHallo
Contributor
Contributor
I’m attempting to make a payment to the paypal credit account that’s been open since 08/2016 and I’m having a strange issue. The account is gone. When I log in, the Paypal Credit section does not even show. I have made regular payments, the last being this very month, on the 18th. I’ve never been late. I’ve attempted to go through the application process again, knowing it would tell me if I already have an account, and it tells me that I do. I attempt to link the account to the same paypal Account it has been attached to since 08/2016 and it says the information I am entering doesn’t match what was on my credit application. I am so lost. This is the first major issue I e had since getting this line of credit. I have no idea what’s triggered it. I first attempted to pay yesterday and then again today. Same problem. I cannot even view a statement to mail a payment as the Paypal Credit section is completely gone from my Paypal Account. Anyone? I have called (but was outside of business hours) and I’ve emailed to no avail (yet.) I’m so frustrated.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal may have closed the account and you will need to phone PayPal to make payment arrangements.

I read a similar issue a couple days ago where the user no longer qualified for PPC so the account was closed with a balance; PayPal had provided phone instructions for payment.

Something in your financial situation likely triggered the closure.  By closing the account PayPal makes certain you cannot get new credit.

You will only know the answer by phoning PayPal support.

Login to Me Too

theQueenofHallo
Contributor
Contributor
I would think this if it doesn’t show that I still have a paypal credit account, if I had ever missed a payment, or if something had financially changed. This is not the case. It also confuses me that it says I am not supplying the same information used to open my account. I know my own SSN and DOB. Something is definitely amiss. I would also like to think that they’d give advanced warning if my account was being closed, regardless of the reason. However, I will call them again. Thank you for the response.
Login to Me Too

Jace77

I'm experiencing the same issue. I disagree with the other Commenter suggesting that something with the User financial situation prompted PayPal to close the account. I'd expect some sort of communication in that case. Some sort of communication in this case would be appreciated, also.

The PayPal Credit module is missing from my profile. When I click the link in the email from PayPal to make a payment on my PayPal Credit account, the website is not found. This is like going to Chase to make my car payment and the account being gone. My credit score is excellent. I never miss payments. I've been utilizing this trade line due to 6 mos of no interest.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.