Payment Notifications Not Working In Paypal App

Rimrock74
New Community Member
I am no longer receiving Paypal Notifications on my Phone when someone purchases an item in my Online Shop or money is received. I have contacted Paypal about this several times and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app a few times..even after 3 recent updates (including one today)...still no notifications! This has been going on for a few weeks now! Upon research, it seems like the notification settings are turning off automatically when signing out of the app because I can turn all of the notifications on and when I log back into the app and go back to the notifications settings page, they are turned off! Anyone else experiencing this issue or know how to fix?
Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

Soulmate
Contributor
Contributor
On the push notifications I hope somebody has answers to why it is not working on iPhone 7 but on iPhone 7 Plus it does
Login to Me Too

neilpride

The same problem with my iPhone 7 128gb. On the previous iPhone 5s the notification service worked fine.

What I have tried:

1) Reinstalling the app

2) Switching all settings to OFF, then ON.

3) Wipe my iPhone, and try to make it work on a clean iOS.

All the solutions were provided by Apple support, because Paypal support can't even diagnose the problem.

Paypal support said, that the programists have checked all once again - and everything seemed to work fine! And if I have experienced this problem with Paypal notifications - then it might be Apple problem... LOL

Also I've tried this:

4) Changing DNS servers in settings to Google public one: 8.8.8.8 (somebody wrote it helped).

So nothing worked for me since now. 

Any solutions?

Login to Me Too

Soulmate
Contributor
Contributor
I talked to PayPal two days ago and they told me they have their technicians working on this issue, apparently it's not working and having a problem with push notifications for everyone on iPhone. They need to update their app.
Login to Me Too

Bitonline
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Did you get sorted your issue?

as I'm having exactly the same one, after upgrading my old iPhone 5s to the latest one an iPhone 7, PayPal app stopped notifying us for any new transaction

Login to Me Too

Louise118

Same here, upgraded to iphone 7 and no notification from Paypal on it, ironically my iphone 5s is receiving the notifications still.

Login to Me Too

Soulmate
Contributor
Contributor

My Iphone 5 on christmas morning got the notifactions but when I when updated it, the notifactions stopped.

My iphone 6 is not getting the notifications, I had to sent back my iphone 6S and sorry I did, it was receiving the notifations with no problem. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Login to Me Too

keith1210mk2
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here - push notificatiosn worked perfectly on iPhone 6 then upgraded to an iPhone 6S and no push notifications.

If it helps, my wife's iPhone 6 is not receiving them either.

When we go into the Paypal application's settings, there is not option to turn push notifications on or off.

We just receive an error message.

Login to Me Too

Soulmate
Contributor
Contributor
I called PayPal two days ago and they say the same thing I have expedited this ticket, and are working on it but it still doesn't work for me. My husband has an iPhone 7 Plus and it works. I'm thinking of getting the iPhone 7 Plus for the PayPal notifications.
Login to Me Too

Nodens
New Community Member
I have the same issue. Notifications were working on my iPhone 5S and after upgrading to iPhone 7 (before Christmas) they stopped working. Inside the app, opening the notifications option throws an error message. Please fix this issue.
Login to Me Too

Oglalawoman
Contributor
Contributor
Cannot turn on my notification as requested in the PayPal settings as there is no "button" to slide to turn notification on! Anywhere. I have a iPhone 6 and i used to get notifications of payments. Now I have to check PayPal all the time to see if I sold anything from my stores. HELP!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.