Payment Notifications Not Working In Paypal App

Rimrock74
New Community Member
I am no longer receiving Paypal Notifications on my Phone when someone purchases an item in my Online Shop or money is received. I have contacted Paypal about this several times and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app a few times..even after 3 recent updates (including one today)...still no notifications! This has been going on for a few weeks now! Upon research, it seems like the notification settings are turning off automatically when signing out of the app because I can turn all of the notifications on and when I log back into the app and go back to the notifications settings page, they are turned off! Anyone else experiencing this issue or know how to fix?
Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

Martinahking51
Contributor
Contributor

Same old problem AGAIN!

Yestreday 27th May sold several items and not a single emial notification from PP.

Is it the BT server problem again?

Anyone else getting this problem and if so are you a BT Broadband customer?

Based Southern UK

Martin

Login to Me Too

shroomgophus
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Martin.

This thread relates to mobile app push notifications & is the wrong thread for your issue.

In answer though, I have had no problem with emails from Paypal but then I use Webmail. I do get broadband with BT however.

I would suggest that you are using an email client which may need it's server log in details reviewed. You probably need to log in to your BT account & make a confirmation if it's retreiving email from another provider.

This is all a pain in the **bleep** which is 1 of the reasons I stopped using email clients a long time ago.

If you check the webmail account which relates to your paypal account then you will probably find all your emails. That being so then the whole forum isn't the place for your issue either.

I hope this helps,

shroom.

Login to Me Too

Martinahking51
Contributor
Contributor

Same old problem AGAIN!

Today 5th October 2016 sold several items and not a single emial notification from PP.

Is it the BT server problem again?

Anyone else getting this problem and if so are you a BT Broadband customer?

Based Southern UK

WHY CANNOT PAYPAL ACTUALLY SORT THIS OUT FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Martin

Login to Me Too

Relyon
New Community Member

Today is 10/15 and all notifications from paypal stopped working yesterday on my MULTIPLE devices (All with DIFFERENT Android version and DIFFERENT PayPal mobile app versions). Very inconvenient as I am running a serious business and notifications are tied up to expedited Ebay order processing.  I am just venting out as it is obviouse that in this case users will not be able to fix it themselves since it appears to be related to push notification FROM paypal and is not related to the user's side. 😞

Login to Me Too

pcg123
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, same here. All payment notifications stopped on Oct 15, 2016 for us. We use Webmail, so it's not mobile-app related. PayPal says it may be our email provider's filters, but I suspect that's BS since nothing else has changed.

Login to Me Too

pajwak
New Community Member

yes same here!!!!!!! paypal should fix it!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Sadly, this happenes on & off through out the year, and I always think it's something I've done, and now I know, this is Paypal messing something up. It's really beyond anoying that I can't get alerts for payments when they happen, as they have been arriving days later, if at all.

Login to Me Too

Andyjbm
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah, about this time I stopped getting Txt messages informing me of payments. I'm still getting the info bar notifications from the android app though. If it's not broke, let's muck about with it and see how many users we can annoy.
Login to Me Too

mlburton
Contributor
Contributor

11/30/2016 I  have been having this same problem. Everything is turned on, i have not changed anything and over a month ago I stopped getting my paid ship now emails from paypal. I get the service emails when I use the shipping and every thing is on a timely manner except for my paid notifications. Called  them and no one knows anything.......Seriously! It has obviously happened before. I feel like I should get some kind of a refund for a couple of months of having to check into actitivity every hour checking to see if I have been paid. I am paying for a service that I am no longer getting. It would make me happy if I knew someone was trying to fix this but as it is reaccuring then they should know how to fix it!

Login to Me Too

Soulmate
Contributor
Contributor
I just recently upgraded from iPhone 6s to the iPhone 7 and my daughter has done the same, and PayPal push notifications are not working on The new iPhone 7. My husband has the iPhone 7 Plus and it shows the notification alerts. I have been on the phone with PayPal, Verizon and twice with AppleCare and they said all don't seem to know what's the problem does anybody have any answers on what the problem is with the push notifications coming up? that's the one thing I love about the iPhone with that push notifications with an online business you know exactly when someone purchases item on my website
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.