Paying with Paypal Credit at Macy's

kfunes
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone and thank you in advance,

I originally went to my local Macy's to shop for Xmas present because I had learned I could charge my Paypal credit account for the purchases but once I went to check out, I was not able to pay by opening the app sliding my phone across the payment reader. 

I reached out to Paypal and I was told my account was not set up for in-store checkout. They sent me instructions and I set up the in-store checkout option, went back to Macy's and still no go. I have talked to 4 different cashiers and called Macy's customer services line but no one seems to know what they need to do at the register so I can pay with Paypal. I even asked one of the cashiers if when selecting payment options (cash, credit, etc.) is Paypal an option, she said no.

It's very irritating that a payment option was made available 2 years ago yet Macy's employees are not trained on how to charge Paypal.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

saulhviro
New Community Member
Im curious about this as well. I tried to use my Paypal credit yesterday two times and both said " Unable to complete transaction" after putting the four digit code. I called PayPal's customer service and they couldn't explain why this happened.
Login to Me Too

Bkween
New Community Member
You can’t use any other form of payment- gift card, coupons in the transactions your going to use with PayPal credit. Also you can only get the payment code 3 times so make sure you don’t open up the payment part to generate a code until your ready to pay. If you go to Macy’s.com under payment options- PayPal credit it will discuss briefly some answers to why it’s not working
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.