PayPal reader jammed

KB1961
Contributor
Contributor
I have just walked past my PayPal reader which I had, I believed turned off this afternoon. It is now flashing all 4 green lights and the screen has a fuzzy black and white screen that appears Intermitently. Have plugged into the power to see what happens and everything just flashes more. The blue power button appears like it could be jammed on. Has anyone had this problem before and if so can it be fixed?
Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I suspect the link isn't working because the site is country specific and cookies.  Same goes for posting Help Center FAQ links.

Whenever I go to a foreign PayPal site, I get stuck there until I get back to the US site via PayPal Global page where it has links for every country PayPal is in.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@KB1961

A replacement seems like a great solution.  I had assumed you purchased it direct from PayPal.  I suppose they would have also provided a return if it was recently purchaseed. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Check here on troubleshooting and support for readers:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader-how-to#troubleshooting

Login to Me Too

KB1961
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply  and the web page but i am unable to access it. Keeps coming up with "Sorry, This page does not exist" Have tried copy and pasting as well but still not luck.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The link worked for me, using Chrome.

Unfortunately, there is nothing there about your technical issue, just very general setup instructions and further instructions to phone PayPal Here technical support.  I think they were open today.  I've called for technical issues and they do have knowledgable people.

Your reader may need a reset, unless the blue button is actually physically stuck.  Do a sear for information; I think you need to stick a pin in one of the holes on the back.  You could also try removing the battery, perhaps.  If you were recently doing an update on the reader software and lost power there might be an issue.

Login to Me Too

KB1961
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I have spoken with technical support and have been advised to return the reader to where I purchased it from to have it exchanged for another one. The blue button is definitely stuck and I don't want to fiddle around with it any further so will take for replacement when I next can. Thanks again for your reply.

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@KB1961

A replacement seems like a great solution.  I had assumed you purchased it direct from PayPal.  I suppose they would have also provided a return if it was recently purchaseed. 

Login to Me Too

KB1961
Contributor
Contributor

I actually purchased it through an Officeworks store and have spoken with them about returning it. They have said that's fine so will deal with it a couple of weeks time. Thanks again everyone for your replies.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I suspect the link isn't working because the site is country specific and cookies.  Same goes for posting Help Center FAQ links.

Whenever I go to a foreign PayPal site, I get stuck there until I get back to the US site via PayPal Global page where it has links for every country PayPal is in.

Login to Me Too

KB1961
Contributor
Contributor

All sorted. Getting a replacement. Thanks for your replies.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.