PayPal prepaid debit card transfer

lucyirene14
Contributor
Contributor
I got my paypal prepaid debit card in the mail the other day and added it to my account but I can't seem to transfer my balance to it. Do I need to have a bank account linked as well? I activated the card...
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

iubjaved
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi there,

There are several ways that you can add money to your PayPal Prepaid MasterCard:

1. Direct Deposit: Direct deposit is the easy and free way to add all or part of your pay check or government payment to a PayPal Prepaid Card. You must enroll in direct deposit in order for your card account to receive these electronic deposits.
  2. NetSpend Reload Network: Our reload network is nationwide. There are more than 100,000 convenient locations where you can add money to your card account. It's easy to find the locations nearest to you:
    1. When you enroll in our real-time alerts service, just text your ZIP code to 22622 and we'll instantaneously respond with the nearest location (text messages are subject to fees charged by your carrier).
    2. Visit www.PayPal.com/prepaid and use our RELOAD CENTER LOCATOR. There is no fee to use this online locator service.
  3. Bank Transfers: If your PayPal Prepaid Card account is linked to your PayPal Account, you can add money from virtually any U.S. bank account. If you have a checking or savings account, or a bank debit card, use it to add money to your PayPal Prepaid Card account. This service is an online service only.
  4. Tax Refunds: Tell the Internal Revenue Service, and your state and local tax authority to electronically deposit your refund to your PayPal Prepaid Card account. Shorten the waiting time even more by e-filing your tax returns.
  5. Reload Packs: This method of value loading is convenient when you don't have your card with you. Reload Packs are available at many retail locations. Visit www.PayPal.com/prepaid and use our RELOAD CENTER LOCATOR to find those locations. There is no fee to use this online locator service.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.