PayPal pre paid transfer issues

Hartman
So, the past few transactions I've had come through are being flagged by PayPal system. These are senders who have sent to me before, I've checked to make sure I'm not over any limits and that all my info is matched correctly. I still get an error for transferring funds from PayPal to the pre paid card. This is beyond frustrating because not one rep can do anything about it except have me clear my cookies and try again! Is anyone else experiencing these issues for simple transfers to the prepaid card? I'm trying to stay calm.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Milo321
Contributor
Contributor

I get the same error all the time and it's so frustrating. They say they can't do anything because the card is registered with a third party bank..

UMM... Your BRAND NAME IS ON THE CARD! This company has to take responsibility and fix this. It happens basically every weekend, and doesn't get fixed until Monday. Paypal is really burning their business to the ground here...

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I read that Walmart also offers a prepaid debit card similar to Paypal's,it costs 3.95,it is not any faster,but you may want to check it out.

Bankcorp bank is the bank where your fund is held,along with all the others who have a Paypal prepaid debit card,did you go to the Paypal prepaid debit site and ask,or ask Bankcorp bank if they have a customer service for such card/

there is also some talk about Netspend having problem.

Login to Me Too

1hmm
Contributor
Contributor

Tonight is the first time I noticed that I'm forced to use a pre paid card to transfer ebay money to my bank account.  I stayed on hold with PayPal for 25 minutes before hanging up.  Is this yet another way to get more fees from us?  Why can't we transfer the way we've been doing it all along?  PayPal also didn't recognize my Soc Sec number, or my phone number, even though in the first minute of the call they spoke my correct phone number.  I don't want to sign up for some credit card w/out knowing why I should.  It's one thing after another with these two entities.  I hate it.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what kind of prepaid card do you have,who issued it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.