PayPal mastercard no longer showing on PayPal account

DustinTolar
Contributor
Contributor

For as long as I've had the card, when I logged into paypal, my credit card info was on the left side, it showed my balance, remaining credit, and minimum payment due date. I could click a link to pay my bill.

Recently my card had a fraudlulent charge and I was issued a new one, at this time, the info box dissappeared. Its been gone 2 or 3 weeks now, and I have no other way to pay my bill. Ive tried manually adding my new card to my wallet, it either says to check card details and try again, or, times out before the process can be completed.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Is that the prepaid MC card?

I think you have to go to your account and link that new card, 

Login to Me Too

DustinTolar
Contributor
Contributor

Standard Extras mastercard. I have tried to link it, and it jsut says I need to check my card details

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you call to activate the new card first?  Then your card is automatically added to your PP account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DustinTolar
Contributor
Contributor

I did activate it, I havent tried to use it to see if it works though.

Login to Me Too

NintenTim
New Community Member

I have an identical issue, with the fradulent charges and all. When I called to activate my card I could only hear a busy signal. It's worth mentioning I've had this card for about 5 years now and this has never been an issue with new cards.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I often find Paypal to be too 'flaky',yes,I accept payments via Paypal and I have a Paypal business debit card whch I earn 1 1/2% rebate and I linked my bank accounts and my credit cards,thats good enough for me,I dont want to put all my eggs into Paypal.

What does PAYPAL prepaid MC card give you that the bank cards cannot?

or the Paypal pay after delivery or the PAYPAL line of credit?

Some of its features in fact are dangerous to your financial and emotional well being,take PAYPAL pay after delivery,14 days after you placed the order,they charge your bank account and if you dont have enough fund,whammo,NSF of $45 !

And this e check business,it makes 2 attempts to debit your bank account ,thats 2x $45 NSF.

And the way they lock up/restrict/withhold fund with their pathetic customer service,most of them dont know what they are talking about?    

Login to Me Too

NintenTim
New Community Member

Card is just a standard non-prepaid credit card. It was my very first card and doesn't have an annual fee. I now have cards with both better APRs and better rewards, but I keep this one open to help my credit score due to its age. To be clear, both me and OP (I believe) are discussing the PayPal Extras Mastercard.

Login to Me Too

DustinTolar
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in your same boat, It was my first card and I only keep it around because its got a high limit, and its my oldest card.

Its usually empty but I recently had to charge some stuff, now I can't pay the bill.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.