PayPal here stated I'm ineligible but doesn't explain

LadyDaniels
Contributor
Contributor
I answered all questions. I am in good standings with Paypal credit. I've been using PayPal for almost 10 years or so. When I was in the Army stationed overseas, Paypal was the only payment some online services woukd accept...And I was happy. Now that I have my own retail business to make some extra bucks to help pay the difference that my G.I bill couldn't offset, I'm now unable to make money...And I don't want to use square. I've always trusted Paypal. Their customer service is excellent and fair. I just don't understand why I wasn't eligible. Not having a card reader will only get me business with people with cash...Bummer. Nobody carries cash anymore. Can anyone help?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There are a lot of details missing and they could have an impact.

Do you have bank account and credit card linked to you PayPal account?

Is your credit rating over 750?

Have you ever had any disputes with PayPal.

Is your account a business account?

Is your business incorporated?

Login to Me Too

LadyDaniels
Contributor
Contributor
Ohhh! Well, there it is! I don't have a 750 credit score! I guess I'll have to use square. Ugh, with all the trust issues customers have. I'm not sure I'll be able to get customers to purchase my items from a brand they can't trust. But I have no choice. I guess people with Excellent Credit are part of the Elite Paypal here club. I will never be that. I've never had a 750 in my life, but I live very well! Thanks Paypal. I may have to cut ties for good.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I don't know if 750 is the magic number or not, but I do think that PayPal will evaluate a person's credit score as part of the eligibility to use PayPal Here to collect payments.  Accepting PayPal Here payments is a higher risk than just using PayPal and PayPal needs to take steps to minimize that risk. 

There are likely other factors that are related to risk for PayPal.

This could relate to bank accounts and linked credit card accounts and other factors.

I don't know how much Square checks, but Squre is much bigger in the retail business than PayPal Here.  Square does have some nice features, including an online marketplace.

If you check into a real credit card processor such as FirstData I know they will do a serious credit report and make sure your financial situation is good.

Building a good credit hsitory and score is a slow process but it can be achieved.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.