PayPal debit card?

jbingham
Contributor
Contributor

I’d like a card that just fed off my PayPal balance. Which one would be best? I don’t need a business account or anything like that. Sometimes I make larger purchases, and it would just be easier to pay directly from my PP account than it would be to pay with a debit or credit card, and then transfer cash to my bank.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal business debit card is a MC card ,it is free if you qualify.

it taps your paypal fund backed by bank fund,if used as a credit card when you go shopping,Paypal gives you 1% cash rebate.

daily cash limit 400,daily spending $3k.

you can lower it if you feel it is too high,some users would ,in case it is stolen.

Login to Me Too

timothy65
New Community Member

how do i get a paypal debit card

@Whac-A-Mole wrote:

Paypal business debit card is a MC card ,it is free if you qualify.

it taps your paypal fund backed by bank fund,if used as a credit card when you go shopping,Paypal gives you 1% cash rebate.

daily cash limit 400,daily spending $3k.

you can lower it if you feel it is too high,some users would ,in case it is stolen.

Login to Me Too

SeanTankGarvey
Contributor
Contributor
As far as I know you are two options if your student and one if you're not. If you're a student, then can get a student PayPal card. If you're not a student then they have PayPal Mastercard which first uses your PayPal balance as your primary funding activity's source, and then after that, it uses your linked bank account to draw money from to match anything that goes over your PayPal balance amount to match the remainder of the purchase. Simply put, it exists. It's the PayPal Mastercard. And it gives you 1% back on all purchases as far as I know. Me personally, I think it's a little forward unless u constantly send and receive money via PayPal and/or update your balance all the time. But that 1% back thing is boss style.
Login to Me Too

SeanTankGarvey
Contributor
Contributor
As far as I know you are two options if your student and one if you're not. If you're a student, then can get a student PayPal card. If you're not a student then they have PayPal Mastercard which first uses your PayPal balance as your primary funding activity's source, and then after that, it uses your linked bank account to draw money from to match anything that goes over your PayPal balance amount to match the remainder of the purchase. Simply put, it exists. It's the PayPal Mastercard. And it gives you 1% back on all purchases as far as I know. Me personally, I think it's a little forward unless u constantly send and receive money via PayPal and/or update your balance all the time. But that 1% back thing is boss style.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal may have phased out student card,please check.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

also with the new swipe,some machinese recognise this is a debit card,not a credit card,so you have to use it as a debit card,so no 1% rebate from Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.