PayPal credit

Dennisw2468
Contributor
Contributor
When looking at my PayPal account a few days ago I noticed something strange, my PayPal credit was reading 0 available balance. I have $37 currently charged to the 3k limit I have. Which isn't due this month 🙂 anyway, I call PayPal and the inform me that I need to send in some identifying documents, in which I promptly did. 3 days later I get an email mail stating my PayPal credit account will not be re-opened for reasons unknown. Well the rep did tell me this, "We reviewed your account, and we're sorry to say that we are unable to reinstate your credit line at this time. We completed researching your account history and credit history on 01/24/2018, and we determined that we're unable to extend you additional credit." She also said keep working on my credit and maintain good standing with my account and I would be reinstated in the future. I'm 62 years old, my score's are over 800. I've never missed one payment in my entire life, not one. Ever. I gladly sent the rep copies of my current credit reports. There's no way for me to work on my credit, it's optimal in every way possible. My question is this, why do you treat your customers this way PayPal, there is absolutely no reason for this, I don't need the credit line but it's the principal of the matter. If this problem isn't solved within the weeks end I will closing my account.
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dennisw2468

Nothing to do with us, why not ask customer services?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dennisw2468
Contributor
Contributor
Isn't this a customer support help venue?
Login to Me Too

Dennisw2468
Contributor
Contributor
I did contact customer support to no avail.... this a black and white case, no grey area. Yet I'm treated like a 3rd world native. PayPal doesn't give you answers, just pre-fabricated generic responses that leave you in further confusion.
Login to Me Too

Dennisw2468
Contributor
Contributor
Apparently PayPal does not want me as customer, i don't know what I did wrong.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Have you ever had any PayPal disputes?

What are the details of your PPC history?

Have you ever had any issues complying with PayPal Credit terms of use? 

How many credit card do you have?

Login to Me Too

Dennisw2468
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal disputes - none. My history with PayPal credit is good, no problems ever. I have 3 credit cards only and always keep them under 30 % of total credit utilization in which I have 30k CL on each one. Current balances are at 2500 on each one to maximize my overall credit efficiency.
Login to Me Too

Dennisw2468
Contributor
Contributor
Additionally, my PayPal credit limit "WAS" 3k and carried a $37 balance in which payment isnt due until next month. I was going to make a $500 purchase and put it on there but apparently PayPal doesn't want my $$ or my business.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you have 3 credit cards and each has a line of credit of 30,000?total credit available $90,000?

and you have spent 2500 per card.total spent 7500.

May be Paypal thinks you have plenty of credit already?

who knows,Paypal uses software to perform chores? and the responses you get are all automated.

You are 62,are you still working or retired?

Login to Me Too

Dennisw2468
Contributor
Contributor
Retired, and working haha
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.