PayPal Working Capital Reference Error Code 646?

notdotcalm
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone tell me what Error Code 646 means?

Trying to apply for second working capital loan and it keeps denying my application.  I'm not being refused the loan, it is rejecting my application for an error that I can't figure out.  All of my info appears to be correct.

I have tried 7 times so far over the past 3 days.  I have removed the po box line from my address, double checked phone numbers, etc.

If I just knew what the 646 was I might be able to target the problem and fix it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

jdearns1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I do not know what the code is. But I had the same problem after i paid my loan off. I tried like heck for a new 1 and then it was approved after 5 days for less then the first loan. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi notdotcalm,

I apologize for any frustration caused by this error message. In order for us to investigate this matter further, we would need to review your PayPal account details. I recommend reaching out to our teams at 1-888-221-1161 or on Twitter or Facebook for additional assistance. 

-AshleyP

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Genekaplan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ashley, do you know what a code 624 means? I just got declined for my 4 th loan. Payed all 3 of early sales never dropped. Never been denied before. Very strange, I haven't called but reading all this negative comments about calling, not wanting to even try. Let me know if you know anything. Thank you .

Login to Me Too

jessica151
Contributor
Contributor

I have contacted Paypal on several occasions and they are not able to give me any information besides there being a known bug and they are working to resolve it. This balance has been pending since Nov 30th

Login to Me Too

wholesaleorelse
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. First loan was fine now all of the sudden it keeps giving error codes. Tried 3 days straight and PayPal told me to keep trying lol. I tjibk this is purposely fine and never is a real actual error cause it cannot be a coincidence that all of us here are having same issue. Something caused red flags to our accounts, I've sold iPhones and ever since I've been having issues with PayPal especially not being able to get approved for my second loan. There is no fix to this, I'm guessing we just wait around for PayPal to do as they will with us and continue lying about what the real situation is with the error code.
Login to Me Too

VisualCon
New Community Member

My 1st time applying for a loan and everytime I get the Reference error code 646 !!!!!!!!!!! Any insight ? 

Login to Me Too

notdotcalm
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure.  Since it is your first application the answer I received from  paypal doesn't fit your situation.  Maybe 646 is a generic code meaning they just don't feel like loaning us any money. 😉

Login to Me Too

notdotcalm
Contributor
Contributor

I received a letter via snail mail that the error was caused because my sales volume had changed.  Duh....I have a seasonal business, of course it changed. My first loan was big, not sure why I couldn't have simply  been approved for a lower amount if that was really the issue. Just going to  wait until after the holidays and try again when they see increased volume.  Following up here in case anyone else is waiting for an answer to the same error code.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Rubigirl923
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing happen to me over Thanksgiving -  VERY frustrated as a few months ago I took a small Working Capital loan out initially and just paid it all off when the balance got low enough to do so. My intent was to take another Working Capital Loan out to building stock up for the holidays and it was declined. I waited a few days thinking that not enough time went by and I was just now declined again. However, clearly my business is picking up again, I always had steady online purchases weekly/daily and I was never in arrears. 

It is extremely disappointing - I feel that PayPal lured me in and then pulled a nasty joke. I'm not buying the excuse that it is an outside lender either. They have complete control and can see the spending habits and usage as welll as consistent Sales coming through. They know when there are slow downs as well as pickups.

Too add to this, I have sent them an email about this experience and I have not even been given an aknowlegement nor a response to it.

You need to do better than this PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.