PayPal Working Capital.....Large 1st Loan.......smaller 2nd loan?? Why?

jworst1985
Contributor
Contributor

So I applied for the Paypal Working Capital Loan at the end of February, and I was approved for up to $3,500.  I only took out $2,500 to purchase new inventory for my shop.  It was amazing!!  I was able to purchase new Spring items just in time for the beginning of tourist season (I own a shop in a large tourist town).  I was set to repay the loan in 5 months, but I ended up paying it off in the beginning of May, so I only had the loan for 65 days.  I went to reapply for a second loan because I would like to make some improvements to the shop, and I was only approved for up to $1,500.  Why?  This makes no sense to me as a business person since I repaid the larger 1st loan off in 65 days instead of the original 5 months.  How was I not offered more the second time around?  I decided not to accept the loan at that time, thinking if I waited a bit longer and had more sales under my belt, I would get a higher approval.  Except I went to reapply and now I have been denied!  What the crap happened??  How did I go from a $3,500 approval, to a $1,500 approval, to a denial??

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

jennylnholmes
Contributor
Contributor

Same happened to me as well. I have had serveral loans from working capital, each one paid off early, the loan amount increased everytime, as well as my sales and my ebay shop has grown. The second to last loan amount was £8500, then the last one for some reason was £4000 which i accepted although it was disheartening and now its gone down to £1000!! I mean £1000?? I have more than proved myself efficient and trust worthy, i just can not understand it.

Login to Me Too

Bmcdonald
Contributor
Contributor

did you ever get another loan? same here went from $3000 to $6500 to $1000 and i am scared of what the 4th one may be

Login to Me Too

jphwork
Contributor
Contributor
Any updates? 3500 to 7000 to 11000 to 4000.... What gives?!
Login to Me Too

Bmcdonald
Contributor
Contributor

check out my other thread /t5/About-Products/Paypal-working-Capital-loan-amount-decrease/m-p/1356337#M18667

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.