PayPal Working Capital - Error DLGJ0654

JustJustin
Contributor
Contributor
Hey y’all! Did anyone get the 654 error code while applying for a working capital? I keep getting this error while trying to apply for my 2nd loan. Paid of the first loan $3,220 back on February 19th and since then I keep getting this code. They said it’s about sales fluctuations?! Never had. The letters says something completely different about negative balance, other PayPal account related issues and disputes. Had some disputes in the past but nothing major and all closed down. Did anybody get approved after a 0654 error code? And if so, how long after? Thank you!
Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Kylz4cymru
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve been having this code for three weeks and find it really infuriating could really do with my fourth loan now 😞 Paid all my others fine ! No problems with my account, annual sales high volume I use PayPal for all my card transactions. If anyone can shed any light on this I would be grateful I’m losing the will to live with applying each day to get this code ...
Login to Me Too

JustJustin
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get approved? I'm still getting this error and applying multiple times a day, every day.

Login to Me Too

Kb-2613
Contributor
Contributor
I got the same error . I had someone called me today from a higher department saying the reason I was denied for my second loan is for a chargeback in December an 2 disputes in February. It will take a few months for the system to drop those chargebacks an disputes an was told to just keep applying ! That is frustration!
Login to Me Too

Kylz4cymru
Contributor
Contributor

Nope still not approved!

Had some dodgy Italian transactions a month or so ago on my website purchasing gift cards and then using the gift cards in Russia and doing chargebacks?!

Dunno if that is the reason but I am pretty miffed about it. Only lost £9 as didnt send any goods out in the end except one pair of earrings thank god. 

I really could do with this loan it would speed business up massively at the moment. GAH!!!!

Login to Me Too

Kylz4cymru
Contributor
Contributor

Mate let me know when you get approved yeah? It will at least give me a glimmer of hope! lol

Login to Me Too

JustJustin
Contributor
Contributor
Any luck here? Still getting that same message 😞
Login to Me Too

Kylz4cymru
Contributor
Contributor

Just try again and same thing. So tired of it! Can only assume its because of the aforementioned fraudulent activity. 😞

Login to Me Too

JustJustin
Contributor
Contributor

QUICK UPDATE:

After a month of trying to re-apply, went from 655 to 654 error codes, yesterday it went from 654 to 640!

Rep said it's due to a chargeback back in December 2017. He says that it takes up to 180 days to drop! But the keep trying... Blah.

Login to Me Too

Kylz4cymru
Contributor
Contributor
Oh you have to be kidding me 😞 ugh !
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.